1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Bug [Solved] GSC Plugin - Memory Leak Found

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by nclabs, May 17, 2014.

1. nclabs

nclabs Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I think I have found a memory leak, quite a big one. Today I was testing GSC Extreme and after 25 minutes later (more or less) my actuators started to lag and stutter. So I checked the task manager and I found that the SimTools_GameManager.exe was holding a wopping 1,5 gb of ram memory. So I wanted to be sure that wasn't an isolated issue, I ended the game and SimTools and I started again, this time even without driving, I just ot in to the circuit and let the car still, to watch that process on the task manager. After 25 minutes it was like this:

Cattura.JPG

The memory occupation increase about 2.000 kb for second, and until it reach 1.500.000 kb, the actuators runs fine until then, stuttering happen only after it reach that 1,5 gb memory.
    I tried with GSC but I think it would be the same with other games, because it wasn't the first time I had stuttering and lag issues. I have a Windows 7 Pro - Core i5 3550 - 8gb ram - nvidia 560 ti - full hd resolution and I run my SimTool with Above Normal setting.

Is it a know issue or it's just my system's fault?
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,171Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    Could you please try another plugins and see if it's an isolated issue?
    Live maybe the Live for Speed plugin?

I believe that we will find that the GSC plugin just needs to be updated.
    yobuddy
    • Like Like x 1
  3. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,171Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. nclabs

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I will try the new GSC plugin and I will check the other, seeya!
  5. nclabs

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    I confirm, the new version of the plugin fixed everything. Good work @value1!
    • Winner Winner x 1