1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Software Setup or Matrix file for Frex 3 cylinders help

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by Bordogna, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Bordogna

Bordogna New Member

Karting Engines
    Balance:
    - 30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys, I am ready to test the Velleman cards Vm110 and Vm129 relays, but I can fix the X-Sim software to make the setup for only 3 valves and 3 cylinder, please if somebody have the matrix file ready to use for the frex style I will really appreciate your help.-
    thanks!
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The matrix setup depends on the type and number of valves you are using.

Tell me some more about the valves and your setup.

BTW, the Profiler matrix is not a problem. Build your sim and collect all neccessary parts and we help you then.

regards
  3. Bordogna

Bordogna New Member

Karting Engines
    Balance:
    - 30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thank you Ego!!
    I have all ready to assebly, the pneumatic and electronic is done, I did exactly he same that the pictures or scheme that I found in this website, system for 2 cylinders, plus one more for the seat belt, 2 valves 5-3-2 open, and one 5-3-2 closed, I am using the vVm110 elleman card, connected to the relay card Vm129, with the original Velleman CD, all works fine, but I can config the matrix yet,, the matrix have 3 speed, and i dont understand perfect all software, maybe I need to work more time to find the problem.-
    I am using the ouputs 3 & 4 for left valve, 5 & 6 for the right and 1&2 for the seat belt cylinder.-
    also I can make work the GTR2 patch, everytime said GTR2 not found
    thanks for your help!!
    [/img]
  4. SimHawk

SimHawk Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    When it comes to setting up the valve matrix I found it useful to move the simulator with the sliders in profiler and see what valve ports it fired off. (Without any air connected) When I saw that it fired a wrong valve I corrected it in the matrix. When I was satisfied I tried with air and checked that the seat moved as intended. If not correct again.
  5. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    With two 5/3 valves it is not possible to have 3 speeds. Just with four 5/3 valves or eight common valves.

With Pofiler ver.1.x you can control 2 cylinders only. For the seatbelt cylinder you have to start the profiler twice. But I'd recommend you to make your sim running at first before you try to realise the seatbelt tightener.

ego
  6. Bordogna

Bordogna New Member

Karting Engines
    Balance:
    - 30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks Ego!
    I knew that With two 5/3 valves it is not possible to have 3 speeds...
    I started to do like this because I saw in your website that this setup is the best choice to make a simulator like Frex, but If you think that tne best option is to put 4 valves for 3 speed, no problem, I can order another valves to make that, please let me know wich one is the best choice to assy one frame cockpit like you have in your profile picture?
    I order the aluminum to do that frame! I don't care about the seatbelt tightener......so if you think that the 3 speed can work much better I will assy that setup, please let me know!
    thanks again