1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

So here I am....

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by floripaoliver, Sep 12, 2014.

1. floripaoliver

floripaoliver New Member

What? Do I need to work?
    Balance:
    34Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum and want to take 2 minutes to introduce myself. My name is Oliver and I live in Brasil in the moment. (I change from time to time..:) ) I love Simulators of all kind and there for work since years on my own Cockpit or buy all kind of VR stuff as soon as it gets available. I guess this is one of the habits we guys here have anyway in common. I am mainly hooked on race simulations but also like other unrelated things.

Since a couple of years I tweak around my own cockpit and the end result in the moment is about 80% done of what I want.

My current cockpit is a mix out of half ready stuff and things I put together with a friend. I started all with a simple static racing seat from Brazilian company http://www.realgame.com.br. ( I used before some others but this was the first really good one for me ). After some time I added a Buttkicker LFE for some sense of cheap motion. Of course this was not long time enought and I decided to buy the Stage 1 Kit from SimXpierience because I did not want to invent the wheel but get a straight forward solution. The Stuff from SimXpierience is certainly not cheap but works on the other hand flawless and is great quality for those of us which dont want to solder and work around their racing cockpits all the time. I added some seat belts, lights as eye candy and here I am.... I also own Oculus Rift DK1 and DK2 and since DK2 actually not even use much my monitor. DK2 is really surprisingly great and I got completely hooked.

Missing for me is traction loss module which I actually bought already the SCN etc. but did not mount anything.

I attach some photos of the build in progress and the final seat.... I am happy I found this forum (some time ago) but decided to only participate more now because there seem to quite a lot nice people and I hope I can help, discuss and make some online friends here soon.

so far from here.... nice to meet you guys here...
    Oliver
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    looks good man, and the SCNs can hook up to simtools
    • Like Like x 1
  3. floripaoliver

floripaoliver New Member

What? Do I need to work?
    Balance:
    34Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi @bsft, yes the SCNs work perfect with SimTools. Was easy for me because I have also an SX3000 from SimXpierience. This is basically in 5 minutes configured. Now I am just looking forward to add my trackion loss SCN below the chassis but I did not found any time yet to work on it...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. prodigy

prodigy Burning revs

Balance:
    6,698Coins
    Ratings:
    +399 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, JRK
    Sorry for bringing a bit older thread up, but can you explain a bit more how did you convert SimXP to SimTools in 5 minutes?
    There are some users here needing help for it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. nclabs

nclabs Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings: