1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Slybynight's wiper powered rig

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Slybynight, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Slybynight

Slybynight New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I got a pair of wiper motors off amazon I just went fairly big and new in the end - didnt want the hassle of mismatched motors and the "crab-pot" motors were just too much for me.

I tried to post a link - but it ain't happening. just search amazon for "Windscreen Wiper Motor Front Compatible with Caravan Voyager/Grand Voyager III " - I looked at some smaller ones, but I really didnt want the hassle of re-making the mounts. Judge the wiper by the size of the car. A Corsa is a very small carl. I would have got truck wipers if I could have found them. In the end I just went for a big USA SUV hoping that would be enough.

I have them mounted under the seat about 7 inches in front of Cardan joint. Because they are so close - I have tiny cranks on them - about 3/4 inch between rotor and tie rod end. The tie rods to the seat are about 2 inches !

All works fine - seat throws me about everywhere when I crash!! But as someone said above. Make sure you have plenty big power supply, my motors spike over 20 amps!

One day I will get around to posting some images on the "my Rig" section
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  2. Slybynight

Slybynight New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    128Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    For the PSU I tried modding server powersupplies with some success, but in the end, a friend lent me a big PSU. There is always the car battery route - but mine was old and the charger I was topping it up with got red hot!! I think money spent on a big PSU is money well spent.