1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimXperience Race 07 Community Version

Discussion in 'X-Sim² profiles' started by bvillersjr, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Race 07 Community Version - Last updated - 01/17/2009
    This a profile that attempts to work for eveyone by using 16ms artificial breaks. I have tested this profile on multiple tracks in multiple vehicles with various adapter output/sec rates, and it provides smooth, but fast movement in all cases. I hope that this will solve the profile sharing problem.

Profile Details
    Game: Race 07 or GTR Evolution
    Intended Sim Hardware: 2 SCN5 Frex-Style design (On-Road)
    Actuators: 150mm
    25% Limiter: Yes
    Math Plugins Used: 1:1 G-Force
    Designed for Specific Vehicle: No- All Race 07 Vehicles
    Includes Program Settings: Yes - MAKE SURE THAT YOU LOAD THESE!!
    Includes Gauges: No
    Speed / Acceleration Values: Speed: Speed and acceleration values are set in Synaptrix automatically after profile is loaded & the sender is started.
    Artificial Break: 16ms

Instructions & Notes
    -Be sure to enable VSync in your game before using this profile because this profile is designed for a least common denominator frame rate of 60fps.
    -Load the program settings so your artificial breaks get set at 16ms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-IK75J98mQ

-There's nothing like some bad driving to find out how far from smooth a profile can get. :D I seem to be having a difficult time putting together a good lap today, so take it easy on me.

Attached Files:

2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Looks good!

What about the rumble strips? Are they noticable as good as with higher outs/s?

Btw, did you ever tried the Nordschleife track?
    The track you are driving has not that much action ;D
    Its straight forward all the time, and as slippery as an eel ;P

Regards
    Christian
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I have not been successful at recreating rumble strips in any of my profiles :( I haven't given up yet, I will be taking this problem to the new X-Sim logger for analysis soon.

Additionally, this latest profile has lost the engine revving effect while in neutral. I simply haven't been able to find values that are smooth enough yet make this effect noticable. My other profiles do have a noticable engine revving effect.

IMHO, it is better to let a buttkicker fill in the rumble strips & engine vibrations anywhay. They do an excellent job at this! This way, the SCN5's can be left to do what they do best whuich is provide smooth, fast motion.

And I have not tried Nordschleife yet, not without alot of cursing anyway. I dont think the video would have been suitable for children or YouTube :lol:

I will upload a video of it at Brands Hatch which is a rediculously bumpy track with alot of vertical movement sometime tonight though
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    You should!...to find out, why the Nordschleife track is called the Green Hell :lol:

What happens if you lower the maximum value for the vertical axis, or if you increase the movement range for vertical?
  5. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0
    Ego, i gave you 2 red things, they do the job much better ;) surely only if they are connected and build into one seat
  6. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Here is a video at Brands Hatch (a default SimBin track) using the same profile I uploaded in the starting post. This track has a rougher surface than the one I made my previous videos on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efYLxq0qDZQ