1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Simxperience Commander Software

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by Deaks, May 26, 2011.

1. Deaks

Deaks New Member

Freelance Editor
    Balance:
    388Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I now have a motion sim thanks to the sx3000 kit. I have a few things to sort out with my aluminium chassis, I have already added a damper bar and this has made a huge difference. I am having a steel stand made to hold my three 50 plasma screens, so at last some real progress :)

I use the Commander II software and have Rfactor and iracing working well. I recently bought codemasters F1 2010 and have managed to add a button for it and have imported Ledfoots soft profile for F1 2010, but I dont get any motion?? The game launches from within the Commander software and seems to do all the right things, but no motion.

I would also like to get Dirt3 and RBR working some time soon.

Can someone using the commander software help me?

Thanks in advance
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    The Commander 2 has Install-N-Drive capability for supported games. F1 2010 is included in this. You actually don't have to go through the trouble of importing motion profiles, although that should work fine as well.

After you have installed F1 2010 and have ran it at least once so that it creates it's hardware config files, you can simply press the Auto-Discover button in the settings screen of the Commander. This will automatically detect the game, configure it for motion and create a new Sim Setup button on your main Commander screen. That's it.... just click auto-detect, then click the F1 2010 Sim Setup button to drive.

Importing a motion profile is a bit more complex than using Install-N-Drive because you must know if the motion profile is designed for your simulator type, 2DOF, 3DOF, etc... Install-N-Drive takes care of all these things for you. It can even detect if a particular mod exists as part of its validation process to help ensure that the auto-detect feature only creates appropriate Sim Setup buttons.

Commander2 - Auto Search.jpg
  3. Deaks

Deaks New Member

Freelance Editor
    Balance:
    388Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply, that really is good service.

I must admit, I think that I had not run the F1 2010 before trying to add it, so the config files would not have been written at that point.
    I will try again later today.

I have to go to work now (in the rain) :-(

Thanks again

Deaks
  4. Popeyin

Popeyin Member

Truck driver
    Balance:
    108Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,where can i donwload the Commander II?
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I am working on some updates to the website this week. Until then, you can send an email to my customer support account and I'll send a copy.