1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Question SimUtils question

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Arazok, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Arazok

Arazok Member

Computer scientist
    Balance:
    707Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hey,
    using my rig now since 10 month a strange issue came across:
    When using SimUtils (latest version) the PWMmax values are strange. They are always 16 for Motor1, 17 for Motor2.
    If I change it and write (save image), stop and start SimUtils, the same.
    All others values are fine and correct.
    When checking with Arduino program tool and reading out the PWMmax1 value, it is 140, as it should be.
    But why is SimUtils saying a value of 16 (or overwriting it) ?

I am using SMC3 with sabertooth code.

cheers, Arazok
  2. Ads Master

Ads Master

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Arazok

Arazok Member

Computer scientist
    Balance:
    707Coins
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Ok, it was my fault ! Problem found:
    With some slide changes to the SMC3 softstart code, the PWMMax values are slowly increasing, while SimUtils reads the values. That's why the wrong values (too low) are shown in SimUtils.
    I need to adapt my code :)

regards,
    Arazok