1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

simulator ancestor

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by RacingMat, Mar 25, 2017.

1. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,875Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello,

I've just found on an old 5"1/4 floppy disk, a great picture of a great simulator which I can't resist to share :D

- custom wheel
    - 2 custom pedals (from a sawing machine?)
    - curved screen
    - with adjustable heigt!
    - pegboard for displaying the circuit
    - 0 DOF seat

(sorry but due to too much strong concentration, the pilot forgot to smile)
    29w02fs.jpg

:eek:
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. GIB SimRacing

GIB SimRacing Active Member

Balance:
    983Coins
    Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I guess there was not too much to smile about back in those days...they didn't even have colour!
  3. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,875Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I have found the PCB board as well:
    Peter McFarlane.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 5
  4. Remishka

Remishka Member

Musician, Woodturner
    Balance:
    39Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    The graphics are not the most important thing in a game/sim but still it's very photo-realistic, the track really looks like the one on the board that lies behind.