1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools Updater broken? Update Plugin manual?

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Matthias Griese, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Matthias Griese

Matthias Griese New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 12Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

my problem: My Virus Scanner deleted some files because he thought that in the files was a virus. So the damn virus scanner has deleted my Sim Tools Updater. Now I cannot add plugins. I dont want to overwrite something so I dont installed the Sim-Tools over the folder. Is there a possibility to install the plugin manual?

Thanks!
  2. tombo

tombo Active Member

Balance:
    2,436Coins
    Ratings:
    +246 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Did you know which files where deleted?
    maybe I can upload them from my installation and you can restore it?
  3. insanegr

insanegr !N$@n€

Balance:
    16,715Coins
    Ratings:
    +499 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    @Matthias Griese to manual install a plugin
    1. download plugin
    2. unzip it and you will see three files a)GAME-NAME_banner.jpg b)GAME-NAME_MinMax.cfg c)GAME-NAME_plugin.dll
    3. and then manual put files in the following folders a)GAME-NAME_banner.jpg inside folder C:\Users\YOUR-USER\AppData\Local\SimTools\GameManager\GameBanners b)GAME-NAME_MinMax.cfg inside folder C:\Users\YOUR-USER\AppData\Local\SimTools\GameEngine\MaxMinProfiles c)GAME-NAME_plugin.dll inside folder C:\Users\YOUR-USER\AppData\Local\SimTools\GamePlugins
    4. open simtools game manager and patch the game

if you want to reinstall simtools you can backup this folder
    C:\Users\YOUR-USER\AppData\Local\SimTools .
    has all your settings from simtools
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,212Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    @Matthias Griese,
    You can safely install SimTools over itself, this is how we update to a newer version anyway.
    Let me know if you have any problems...
    yobuddy