1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Simtool's homing command/direction.

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by JCDionne, Jul 22, 2021.

?

Simtool's homing command/direction.

1. Simtool's homing command/direction.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Simtool's homing command/direction.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JCDionne

JCDionne Custom Sim build Gold Contributor

GM
    Balance:
    - 29Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding Simtool's homing command/direction.

My understanding of Simtools is that it is programmed on startup to home the actuators and find the center point by fully extending and retracting the stroke which in my case is 200mm.

My only issue is I have a setup where the sim has four actuators (one on each corner) with a center pivot point that are all fixed to the baseplate.

My question, is there a way to reverse the direction of the homing command in Simtool. Having a fixed center pivot point, I need the front and rear actuators to home in opposite directions in order for them not to fight each other. The only way around this I found it to have the front actuators disconnected and swapped the fixed connection with feet that are free floating and set my homing timings of the rear and front actuators timing it so the fronts have clearance to home using TBVST 4.5. This is not a great solution and looking for an alternative option.

Any help is appreciated, guys ... I am open to ideas and suggestions. I'm maybe missing a function in Simtools that I have overlooked that maybe a solution, but I am stuck at this point.

Thank you
    JC Dionne

Attached Files:

2. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Yes, you tick a box to reverse direction
  3. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    However it sounds like you have a 2dof with 4 actuators

It can be done with only 2 actuators

Do you have a picture
  4. JCDionne

GM
    Balance:
    - 29Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Thank you,

I am assuming you are referring to the checkbox under the axis assignment screen. I understand that you can set up the axis/actuator to act in the correct direction by checking or not checking the (DIR) box in this setup screen. But does that direct carry over to the homing ? I don't think it does.

And... you are correct, I am running pitch and roll with support of two extra actuators on the front end to help with the weight.. Thank you
  5. JCDionne

GM
    Balance:
    - 29Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    see attached for layout

Attached Files:

6. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 39 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    simtools in your case may trigger a homing sequence of those actuators, but not manage it.