1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Request (Feature) Simtools Gear Change Effect (Down shifting)

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by ledfoot, Jun 27, 2019.

1. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I can't seem to get a down shift effect that feels realistic to me. Upshifting can be easily adjusted by adjusting the max/min settings for surge as well as using the smoothing filters to control the harshness but it seems that the physics for most of these games do not properly output a proper down shift surge.

I also own a SimXperience rig and there is a Gear change effect that can be fine tuned to enhance both the up shifting and down shifting. I have also seen posts for D-Box a few months ago that stated that they made some adjustments to also enhance this effect.

This makes a big difference in the way the car feels to me and I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done with the Simtools plugins to enhance this effect and to give some better ways to fine tune this.