1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Simtools disclaimer window

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Rastus, May 2, 2015.

1. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

Retired
    Balance:
    11,518Coins
    Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I'm using Simtools 3.1 which boots up automatically when my rig is switched on, and a Simtools disclaimer window appears in the middle of the screen, after a few seconds the text disappears but the blank window remains and requires a click to abort. Is this normal and is there a workaround for it? I know it's, nit picking I guess afterall it's only 1 click, but the same thing happens with a steam dropdown to go online or not, as I don't play on line, maybe there's a workaround for that as well!!
    Gee that's 2 clicks I could save if so. Make my day!!!!
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I thought you were using 1.3 actually. I will send it to you.
    Yes the splash screen thingy is part of the program when it boots up, it sort of fades in and fades out and you have to wait for it.
    Annoys the hell out of me, and it does a similar thing if I open the axis assignments or interface settings, its like there is a 1/2 second delay before it shows.
    I have spoken to Simtools developers about it, but obviously it does not affect their OCD as much as us

With steam, yes you can to offline mode, you need to be online first to tell it to restart in offline mode. Then after that you can use it in offline.
  3. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,796Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    You could use a quick AutoIT script to click the "X" on the Windows after it starts.

Don't be put off by the "Programming" part, you can hit Record, do stuff with the Mouse and then save it as a Macro.
  4. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

Retired
    Balance:
    11,518Coins
    Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    @bsft Sorry Dave must be old age I AM using v1.3 just got it arse up as usual, I guess it might be quite awhile before we get to v3.1, just imagine what that version will be capable of when it eventuates!! Will try the Steam setup using the net this arvo. Sounds as if your worse off than I am with the splash screen, one click and it's gone forever, doesn't reappear when accessing any of the settings, are you using 1.3 or an earlier version??
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats ok young fella, I thought you were running 1.3
    I am using 1.3 on personal ride and 1.2 on hire sims, they do the same thing, once it eventually shows up , I click it to close
    its just shits me the way it displays
  6. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

Retired
    Balance:
    11,518Coins
    Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    @Archie thanks for the tip, but I'm not game to try anything new so to speak, I'm 87 and a bit of a stick in the mud, and am happy when I find my way home (joke) or even to get around Nords in under 10 mins. I managed to fix up the Steam drop down thanks Dave, I'll just stick with clicking the Simtools one, till they fix it, if ever. I mean it's a disclaimer for the programme fair enough, and after a few seconds the actual message disappears and leaves a permanent blank box (unless clicked) which you'd think would be switched off by the existing timing code that switches off the text within it, however I know nil about programming maybe it's a real hassle to do.