1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question simtools 2.1 to 2.3 upgrade error

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Howard Yang, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Howard Yang

Howard Yang New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 138Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I just recently installed simtools 2.3.1 but my simulator stopped moving. I can't figure our what's wrong, it was running fine when I am on 2.1. Please help

I uploaded the axis assignment file as well as the seial interface file and I was wondering if there's anyone who can help me figure out what's wrong. Maybe its syntax error?

Or if anyone has the installation file for simtools2.1 that I can reinstall and make my simulator work again. Thank you so much for your help

Attached Files:

2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,149Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    What actuators are you using buddy?
    Pic of the sim etc?
  3. Howard Yang

Howard Yang New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 138Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I'm using 2DOF Motor
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,149Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    That really does not tell me anything thou buddy.
    Are they Scn actuators?
    have a pic of the sim?

Chat soon,
    yobuddy
  5. Shannon

Shannon New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    178Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, Motion platform
    Not sure if you figured it out but I had the same issue when upgrading from 2.1. If you are using SCN make sure in interface settings you are using assigned axis ID=0. All other settings from 2.1 should be the same.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,149Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    Simply un-assign your SCN actuators and reboot GameEngine.
    Then resetup as needed. (and @Shannon is correct, use the spots where ID=0 to resetup).
    Take care!
    • Informative Informative x 1