1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Sequential Shifters Fanatec VS TSS

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by WedgeSD, Sep 12, 2021.

?

Better feeling sequential

1. Fanatec

100.0%
  2. Thrustmaster TSS Sparco MOD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WedgeSD

WedgeSD New Member

Design Engineer
    Balance:
    163Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 4DOF
    I recently purchased a complete 8020 rig with pedals wheels and shifters second hand. Because I already have a rig I now have more shifters then I know what to do with. The problem I am running into is room to fit the shifter types.

I have two Thrustmaster TSS sparco mod shifters that came mounted to the rig. One is configured as a sequential shifter and the other as a handbrake. I also have a TH8A H-pattern shifter I would like to use. However, do to the sizing the the TSS shifters I cannot get the h-pattern positioned far enough forward to be comfortable to use.

I am considering buying a fanatec shifter so I can quickly switch between h pattern and sequential and just selling the TH8A and one of the TSS shifters. However, I am really enjoying the feel of the TSS sequential shifter.

Has anyone had the opportunity to use both the TSS shifter and the fanatec in sequential mode? Could you tell me how they compare? I cannot seem to find any reviews directly comparing the two.

Alternatively I am open to any other shifter suggestions or novel solutions others have come up to solve the problem.