1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Seattime's Sims

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by SeatTime, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D Technical Director
    Balance:
    4,385Coins
    Ratings:
    +503 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Little question about your actuator. What was your best travel distance of your actuator? Just trying to know if I have a good travelling distance with mine or if I should look for way to improve it.
  2. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Balance:
    26,481Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,427 / 23 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF
    380mm before it hits the limit switches, but the placement of the actuators and sim frame design will have a large impact on how much actual sim movement you end up with.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  3. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D Technical Director
    Balance:
    4,385Coins
    Ratings:
    +503 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thanks. Yes, of course, this is not the final distance they will travel, but the distance they can. I don't think mine CAN travel that distance and I really wonder why. Anyway, I have other things to worry about, like communicating with the game... Anyway, thanks again for the info. I'm back to simtool documentation.
  4. Erik Green

Erik Green New Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Have you seen any wear on the carbon actuator tubes?