1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Seattime's Sims

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by SeatTime, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +332 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I'm doing full VR/Mixed reality with full cockpits. Enclosing the cockpit is one method I might be able to use to avoid motion compensation problems, by using inside out tracking. Currently OVRMC is not an option with OpenXR, and OpenXR gave hugely smoother gameplay in DCS which is what my sim is being built for. Enough of that though, I don't want to go too far off topic here. I'll probably post a thread soon with my initial testing and experimenting with the reality blending.
  2. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,197Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,458 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I will save you a job as closing in the cockpit will not work with inside out tracking ,I tried it and all it does is get the HMD confused as the internal gyro gets confused with what the cameras can see and it goes crazy
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,940Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,082 / 37 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    In regard to motion compensation, I have in transit a 9 axis sensor to be used with SRS. A new phoenix is rising with steel from the old and a Trak Racer 160 frame. So easy to adjust (with a sliding seat Etc) and modify. Still a floor to go in, some painting of re-purposed steel and cable tidy up to do. Works great!

NewRig_2.jpg

NewRigTR160_1.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Pierre Lalancette

Pierre Lalancette Sir Lalancelot Gold Contributor

3D teacher
    Balance:
    7,080Coins
    Ratings:
    +820 / 6 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    The rolling ball mouse is such a good idea.
  5. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,940Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,082 / 37 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Something that I should have done years ago - held in place with Velcro. Looking back surprised that it has been nearly 3 years since I have had a steering wheel/pedals fitted to one of my sims.
    • Like Like x 1