1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Seattime's Sims

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by SeatTime, Mar 8, 2018.

1. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Balance:
    27,023Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,611 / 29 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Yes, its probably one of the most complex bits of kit that I have built and now I am modifying (from what I have learnt in testing) and re-building it all out of steel. Unfortunately the aluminum parts just were not up to all the stresses of throwing around my full weight. Will also be adding some extra bits for the thigh pressure system to make it even more complex..:rolleyes:.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. SeatTime

Balance:
    27,023Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,611 / 29 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    New ball transfers turned up, way better quality then the furniture ones that I purchased locally and they have a nylon ball = quiet.

Real rigs Parasitic Rollers.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trip Rodriguez

Trip Rodriguez VR Pilot

Balance:
    3,100Coins
    Ratings:
    +230 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I'm glad they turned out to be much better ones. I'll have to keep these in mind myself.
  4. Erik Green

Erik Green Member

Balance:
    207Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Do you feel that wiper motors would have enough torque with the required range of motion to give good feedback in the lateral G direction. In particular be able to drag a harness left/right and actuate thight paddles. Fast enough with sufficient force?
  5. SeatTime

Balance:
    27,023Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,611 / 29 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Cannot answer, as I have never used wiper motors.