1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question SCN5 with fat guy :)

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Meawto, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Meawto

Meawto Sorry for bad English ;'(

Balance:
    - 336Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    hi. i have plan to build a seatmover with SCN5

like this pic below :)
    [​IMG]

and i'm very fat (110kg) dose i have to change to SCN6 20-40kgf (with slower respond)

or it can be handle this ?
  2. Martyn

Martyn Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    49Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
    You definitely should.
    Not an expert but from what i have studied so far the 5's are not optimal for big guys:) i think that 110kg is max max limit..
    Go for 6 ´s as they are faster anyway under big load. But i still do not know any safe max load number for 6 - but should be bit more then 110kg..
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Meawto

Balance:
    - 336Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    ok bro. i will try SCN6 with 40kgf
  4. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    You can use scn5 if your seat is well balanced but i would go with the scn6 just in case.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Meawto

Balance:
    - 336Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    thanks @hideki do you know how different with force feedback of SCN5 and SCN6 ?
  6. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    The scn5 is faster but most people will not notice it. If you buy the SCN5 motors I´d recomend attaching them to the seat directly to the back of it with no "back metal frame" as most people have. Also, choose a light seat and get the best balance you can so the acturators move the seat easy in all directions. I used to have a simxperience frame with an sparco r100 seat and that combo weights more than 20 kilos!! Now I have a kart seat with no frame that is less than 5 kilos with the joint plus my weight. But if you have the money go with the scn6 because probably they will last longer ( i guess)
    • Like Like x 1