1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

scn5 actuators

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by jmb racing, Mar 20, 2010.

1. jmb racing

jmb racing New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello. I have bought scn5 actuators and I have a problem. The problem is that I don't find the connector to connect the wires. Where I can buy them?
    I want the male or female of this to connect the wire http://i44.tinypic.com/nb9dgz.jpg
  2. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  3. pitstopp

pitstopp Active Member

Balance:
    634Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SimforceGT
    Hi
    it is very hard to find the 14 pin connector for reasonable a price!
    (A friend has some of the 4pin for sale, if you are interested, send me am PM)
    It is much easier to get the connectors on the pcb!
    Here you can find a picture http://www.x-simulator.de/wiki/How-to_d ... -Sim%C2%B2
    You have to remove the cover of the actuator.

In my opinion this are the part numbers
    DF11-14DS2c for the housing
    543-0506-905 for the pins
    and
    DF3-4S-2C
    543-0005-325
    that are Hirose numbers please check on the web site.
    I am not sure if this are the correct numbers but the connectors on the Pcb are more Standart Parts.

regards
    Kai
  4. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You can change the connectors to whatever is easiest and cheapest to find, you don't have to use exact ones. Make sure the current rating is at least of what you need.
  5. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Cutting the cables or replacing the connectors may lead to a loss of warranty.

Once I ordered 20 connectors from digikey.com
    Perhaps someone will order a bunch for us this time, to save us some shipping costs.
    Dont forget to order the corresponding pins as well. The male connector needs female pins!

regards
  6. jmb racing

jmb racing New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    egoexpress, can you send me what connector did you buy?
  7. jmb racing

jmb racing New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    egoexpress, if I buy that connector, I need to buy a special tool to lay the wires?