1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

scn5 actuator - Rod Ends

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Fahim, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KART-TRACK-ROD-EN ... 240%3A1318

e378_1.gif
  2. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can someone please tell me what size of this type of rod end is needed.

Is it M8 or M10? I take it M8 = 8mm, IF so then that's what needed i guess.
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    M10x1,25 (finepitch)

I took a M10X1,5 and cutted a finepitch tread into it...

You can buy them with finpitch as well, but they are way more expensive than the standard threaded ones.

regards
  4. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have buyed one from Ebay for 3.50 english pounds. I will see what thread is like then give you guys feedback.

It is a seller who sells quite a lot of them.
  5. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There were two problems from this adaptor from Ebay:
    They show a silver colour rod end on the picture, nice and clean, but it comes all rusty and bronze colour.

Also the thread size does not fit which Egoexpress stated in a previous post.

Cheers.
  6. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I managed to find two companies that sell the correct rod end with 1.25thread.

£65 English pounds for 4 ends! So expensive!

That is like 80 euros. Did all the guys pay this much? If so I don't have option but to buy.
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Buy the standard 1.5 threaded rod ends, and cut a 1.25 thread into them. That is how I made it.

[​IMG]

But you may need a fixed bench wise, as you may need to apply much force on the thread cutter, depending the ridgidity of the rod end material.

regards
  8. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The guy who made my simulator has this tool I.m sure. He live near me so I;'ll get a qoute from the company for 1.5thread rod ends.
  9. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I rang the two companies and both of them qouted me same price on standard threads. So I just payed the £62 pounds for 4 of them.
  10. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Are they made of gold, adorned with diamonds?

What's wrong with the cheap ones from ebay?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Female-Threaded-R ... 18Q2el1247
    I am sure the seller would have sent you 4 right handed rod ends if you had asked him.

However, if you agree to pay 60pounds for 4 rod ends, you could have payed the 80pounds for those with matching thread at least :brows:

regards
  11. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Too late they have took my money now. cry cry cry. I have bought two standard thread and two fine thread.

I did not say to them left or right hand. Have I made mistake. Hope not. That would be double wammy.

I haev asked them to cancel my order just now by email. http://www.automotioncomponents.co.uk/p ... d-ends.htm I got from there. the silver ones.