1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SCN5 150mm Reliability

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by bvillersjr, Jan 14, 2010.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Hi sn4il,

In a previous thread that was intended to help people avoid actuator damage, but resulted in an unfortunate competitor hi-jacking, you asked a very important question.

The answer is, there are no known cases of SCN5 150mm actuator failure.
  2. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Thats good news for me, as i want to buy a pair from you in the near future. (oh and my rig was not fine...;))
  3. sn4il

sn4il New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In one of Your thread about broken pin some1 made statement that SCN5 depends only on motor bearings. Is the motor different between 100 and 150 actuators or its just a ball screw?

bvillersjr
    I really appreciate what You are doing for the community and I'm looking forward to start with Your dimmensions listed in other thread.
    Personally I think these angles are critical expecially with heavier drivers like myself.
    I was going to use double SCN5's per side but it's more complicated than I thought.
    sn4il
  4. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,541Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    Hi
    All scn5 are the same
    The screw is allsow guided by the nut.
    Longer strokes are slower because critical speed from screwshaft
    regards
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I agree. The internals are the same, just a longer stroke. However, Dyadic claims that both 100mm and 150mm are capable of 400mm / sec. My guess is that they arer actually capable of slightly more than this at lower stroke lengths. In most implementation, less than 300 mm/sec is all that is achievable anyway due to the load.
  6. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,541Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    Hi Bernard
    Youre right, there is a standard of 20% safety marge in industry.
    A 150mm is able to reach 480mm/sec before they start vibrate,and a 100mm can have more.
    But there is allso friction from nut and screw thats limiting the rpm.
    Regards