1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Requis's Simulator Build

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Barry DeWitt, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Barry DeWitt

Barry DeWitt New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    171Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and wanted to share that I am rebuilding a used 2008 Virtual GT Wooden Simulator. I have stripped the unit and am rebuilding using the SFX-100 Servo Motor Actuators for 4DOF.

My Parts List so far:

Platform 2008 Virtual GT Platform:
    1) Motion = SFX100 Currently in parts aqusition phase. ( 3 D printer Arrives in 4 weeks)
    2) Pedals are HPP PrX SE Kit
    3) Direct Drive is Small MIDGE SIM CUBE
    4)PC - W10, 9TH Gen CPU, 16 GB Memory, 1TB M2 Drive, ASUS 2080 NVidia Graphics Card, Liquid Cool
    5) GS-5 Seat awaiting pre order
    6) Shifter H patter Quaiffe
    7) Audio - VRGT Amplifier and 8 Transducers / 5 Speakers, 1 8" Subwoofer
    8) Video HTC and Vive Pro VR Head Sets / AUS ROG 35" 200 Mghz Monitors x3 ( Monitors are pre order)
    9)Games - TBD (iracing installed on PC)
    10) Video Wall Stand from Sim
    More to come as I start putting everything back together! Open to any advise thoughts comments on Build and How I can make it better!
  2. Sebj

Sebj Active Member

Balance:
    492Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Great! will keep my eye on updates. Many folks building this rig right now
  3. grec pastor

grec pastor Member

Balance:
    453Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Welcome, we must be attentive to your development. Awesome computer equipment. Wishing to see the first photos and advances.
  4. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    Ive ordered all of the parts, how about you? I started a thread as well. Will be good to have an ally here
  5. grec pastor

grec pastor Member

Balance:
    453Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
  6. frankrizzo2

frankrizzo2 Member

Balance:
    603Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I wanna pull the trigger on this setup too. Just waiting for someone in the US to get this going with the 110v version or using an inverter. Looks like an awesome setup
  7. Barry DeWitt

Balance:
    171Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Barry DeWitt

Balance:
    171Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    I wouldn't wait, the popularity of this project and motion system is extraordinary given existing systems and associated cost. This is a no brainer if your into motion Simulation. The vendors are all qualified and trustworthy. I've ordered and received just about all the pieces on the shopping list with no issues. In terms of power I live in Canada and have the same power system, we are simply using a 20 Amp circuit at 240V to drive all the Servo motors, we are about to start the wiring and will post pics once completed. Its not complicated by any stretch where the project is well laid out and to be completely honest. I have been wanting to buy a 3d Printer for years and I finally had a compelling reason to get one for this build!

If your into motion simulator this is one of those projects you just want to get into and given some of the delivery dates and delays due to demand, I would dive in! Lots of community support at the race department as well. ( I can't post links yet but when I can I'll post the link for the Race department web site where some great community participation is making this such an exciting project!

Stay tuned for more pics!
  9. Barry DeWitt

Balance:
    171Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    Absolutely! there is a tremendous amount of Support at the Race department as well, if I can ever help don't hesitate to reach out to me!

Parts are all here except for the German ordered 80/20 from Kinetik (spelling) I was thinking about ordering that locally as there are a number of places in Canada that carry it. The problem is that the extrusion profile is somewhat unique. And given the 3D STL files were done for this flavor I thought I would wait to see if I can source the extact extrusion profile. Here in Canada. Bottom line a lot of my friends locally are watching this build as well to see if they want to get into the game. Adding I will likely build another as I have two boys and they are involved in the build and collectively this has been an exciting family project! When you can include your link for your build so I can pop in and see your progress!
  10. Ringorumble

Ringorumble Active Member

Balance:
    190Coins
    Ratings:
    +48 / 1 / -0