1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Reducing motor step feel

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Spamap, Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Spamap

Spamap New Member

Balance:
    35Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    After looking into it for a while, I finally decided to build a custom steering wheel using a pulley system for the motor.
    I am very happy with it for the most part, but there is one small problem that I have with being able to feel the steps of the motor.
    It has a very distinct "notchy" feel - When I turn the wheel, it does not rotate smoothly, and instead rotates in jumps, which I have read might be caused by being able to feel the polarity of the motor?

I am using a ZY1016 motor, which looks and apparently works the same as an MY1016 motor, but I'm not very convinced since I couldn't find anyone else using the original motor (MY1016) with the same problem. I had to buy this cloned version due to the original not being available to me within a reasonable time frame.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the feel of these steps, or is the only option of fixing it buying a new motor? I would assume that I'm going to have to buy another motor, but I thought it would be worth asking here first! :)

Thanks!