1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Rebo's 2DOF build

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Rebo, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Rebo

Rebo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,

Might as well start a build thread where I can post my progress.

I have decided on a Deriy inspired sim for now as it seem a 'reasonably' simple build.
    It won't be an exact copy as there a few things I will want to change along the way.

For now I have started on the seat (thanks for the plans Deriy), I much prefer working with metal as wood is so unforgiving.
    I could only get 3mm ply so I had to cut the sides and base out twice so they were sturdy enough.

I am going to skin the outside with thin foam and black pleather and then for the inside of the bucket make yellow or red (whichever I can get) ply backed foam filled pleather inserts attach by velcro.

Here is a pick of the seat so far...

[​IMG]

Total cost so far:-

5 x 3mm Plywood sheets £10.00

I'll update as soon as I make more progress. :)
  2. valy_budascu

valy_budascu New Member

Balance:
    219Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a account on youtube called xxxv? I saw a tutorial on how to build a 2dof sim on this account and also a dirt bike like this on the same account. So I made the connections and it came out that you might be the same person.

Sorry if I made a confusion!

P.S. What is the Iron Man for? It looks just great!
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice start there. Go Hard!
  4. Rebo

Rebo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nope, that's not me, I am totally new to all this.
    He has good taste in bikes then, motocross, it's a real mans sport. ;D.

As for Ironman, thank you. I am making the whole costume and will be wearing it for christmas at the childrens hospital where I work, if I ever finish it. :blush:
    After that he will make a nice display piece at home.

Cheers for the encouragement Bsft.
  5. Rebo

Rebo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll post here instead of starting a new request thread.

I have a cnc so I thought I might as well have a go at making my own boards.
    Could some kind soul please post the files that I need to use to build Tronic's lastest gear here. I don't know if a new version is too far off, is it worth waiting?.
    I also need a shopping list that I can take to Maplins in town for all components needed.

Progress so far: Matching motors are in the post and a friend is sorting the track rods and UV joint he has knocking about in his garage.
  6. Rebo

Rebo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okay, round 2.

I scored a K8055 for £21 off of ebay and am now looking around for the cheapest price on a Sabretooth.
    I've also changed my idea on the sim type I wish to build after many hours of youtubing and forum reading.
    The image below will give you the basic idea of the sim I am aiming for.
    The frame will be constructed ERW to keep the weight down.

Now the questions....

Will this Power supply after modding have enough grunt to power the wipers and boards?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... ink:top:en

What Pots am I looking for?
    A link to the correct ones on the Maplins site would be great.

Have I forgot to include anything in my basic design?

Attached Files:

• sim.jpg
      sim.jpg
      File size:
      85 KB
      Views:
  7. Rebo

Rebo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Made a little progress today.
    Still looking for a cheap-ish sabretooth, anyone selling?

Here are a couple of pictures.
    Ignore the fence panels, they got trashed in the bad weather we had recently.
    DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg

Attached Files: