1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Re. Using two speeds with SCN5's

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by toktiny, Sep 1, 2009.

1. toktiny

toktiny Member

Balance:
    - 20Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sirnoname wrote
    The SCN5 plugin has now two more control exports to the synaptrix. (realtime display included)
    These are the acceleration value and speed value.
    They can now used with the PID control of the synaptrix like the dynamic valves for pneumatic.
    This is good for flight simulators which can move more smooth with that and do not rumple
    because the SCN5 moves too fast to its endposition.
    It is now possible to startup with slow speed (e.g. after homing) and then you can set the speed
    manual or dynamic in the synaptrix. (equal speed/accel settings will be detected and not send if they was sent earlier).

I have found this in a previous mail and wonder if my interputation of it is correct. Does this mean that it is possable to startup a game with an effect that has a fast speed and then when the game changes to another effect it is possable to apply a much slower speed to this effect ?

In anticipation many thanks
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    X-Sim looks at SCN5 Speeds from two diferent perspectives. The speed/accel at the time of calibration (profiler startup) and the speed set by the Synaptrix Settings while in game.

Because of the SCN5's PID controller, it is always varying its speed and acceleration/braking ramp. AFAIK, the further away from the current position that the SCN5 is instructed to go, the faster it will move in order to get there.

SirNoName would be a great person to ask for more information about this.
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Yes! I started doing this many months ago. Here was my first test profile that was created this way. http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/post11845.html?hilit=dynamic actuator speed#p11845. With your additional explanation, I think I can now do a better job of this. I will try this tonight.
  4. toktiny

toktiny Member

Balance:
    - 20Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My sincere thanks to Bernard and Sirnoname for your much appreciated replies.

As you may be aware from my thread http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/started-2dof-scn5-platform-for-flightsim-fsx-t1769.html the reason that I asked this question was that in my profile for FSX FlightSim I am using three Effects and they are as follows ;

No.1 For to give an acceleration and braking effect on the ground prior to takeoff.
    No.2 For Banking Left and Right.
    No.3 For Pitching Up and Down

Through options in FSUIPC I have applied that Effect No.1 only applies on ground and that Effect No.2 and 3 only apply in the air.
    Now I have, through trial and error, established that the Initial Speed for the Air Effects should be 100 and the Initial Acceleration should be 10. In order to make the Ground Effect any way realistic the Initial Speed that I require for it is 10000 and the Initial Acceleration is the same as air effects, 10. If I use the speeds suitable for air effects they are far too slow and I am halfway down the runway before backward motion is complete. Hope you can understand what I mean.

Bernard you intend to try out something tonight and I would be most grateful if you could explain how I might be able to use it to provide what I have explained above.

Kind regards

Toni
  5. toktiny

toktiny Member

Balance:
    - 20Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sirnoname many thanks for your reply.

I can understand the theory but I am afraid that I am lost as to how to implement it. As I have said in previous mail the ground G-Force (Effect) requires a far greater Initial Speed than the Air G-Force (Effects).

You say that I should add two g-forces (Is this in addition to the three that I have there allready that are functioning ?) This is shown below.

Could you explain what you mean by : (Gforce plugin bottom)

When you say the air value uses a bigger maximum than the ground value, lets say that the air value maximum is 600 then the ground value maximum should be 50% of this which would be 300 is this correct?

How does this effect the Initial Speed as this is where the requirment for each G-Force differs. The Initial Speed is placed in the Interface Settings under Initial Speed and what I cannot grasp is where do you indicate that you require two different Speeds for your G-Forces , in this instance 100 for Air g-forces and 10000 for the Ground G-Force? As I have said previously the Initial Acceleration is the same for both.

You say that with a result value of 0 or 1 you can enable or disable the next following g-force value. How does this relate to any change in the Initial Speed of the following g-force ?

Again many thanks

Toni

Attached Files:

6. toktiny

toktiny Member

Balance:
    - 20Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bernard have you got any further with this yet ?
  7. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I'm afraid I haven't yet. I am rebuilding my development PC this weekend. There are some features in the upcoming Visual Studio 2010 / WIndows 7 that will make me more efficient when building the Commander.

Also, I do not have a copy of FSX yet, so I am only able to make general suggestions at this time. I am not able to test these suggestions.

Sometime in the next few days I will send you an example of what SirNoName is suggesting with the divide by 0 in order to disable one of the G-Force Plugins that will be used for mapping to the speed of your actuators. However, it will not ber tested in FSX, just a sample of how to dynamically set the speed and use a divide by 0 to get two different speeds.
  8. toktiny

toktiny Member

Balance:
    - 20Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bernard my sincere thanks for your reply.

The example which you will be sending me is fantastic as I feel that this is what I need just to get me on the proper track to provide the two different speeds for the effects. If I can get two different speeds applying to two different effects when FSX is up and running this would solve the problem.

If I can just explain in newbee terms what confuses me about this is, as I pointed out in my previous mail, the initial speed that I require I put in the Interface Settings under Initial Speed. As far as I can understand it this is the speed that will be given to all effects entered inthe Math Setup, so where or how do you give an independent different speed to a specific effect when FSX is up and running?

Now this is where your suggestions and example will be like mana from heaven to get over this stumbling block. I cant wait.

Kind regards

Toni

P.S. I would very much like to use your Commander but found that there is no plugin provided for us Flightsimers from the list of games shown as being supported so I guess I cant . Is this correct or could I copy the MSFlightV2 plugin from the standard X-Sim and add it to Commander?
  9. toktiny

toktiny Member

Balance:
    - 20Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From previous post :Sometime in the next few days I will send you an example of what SirNoName is suggesting with the divide by 0 in order to disable one of the G-Force Plugins that will be used for mapping to the speed of your actuators. However, it will not ber tested in FSX, just a sample of how to dynamically set the speed and use a divide by 0 to get two different speeds.

Bernard I know you are not forgetting !! and also if it is possable to use commander.

Many thanks