1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Racing Simulator from Argentina

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by dhweizel, Mar 16, 2010.

1. dhweizel

dhweizel New Member

Balance:
    339Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, my name is Diego , I´m from Argentina and here is about 1:30 am. I have to work tomorrow but ...

... This is a short video of my first test of the servo hardware.

Something like this:

GTR2 Longitudinal force -> X Sim -> rs232 -> custom Servo Hardware + 30a 28vdc H-bridge -> Wiper Motor + Pot -> :yippiee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpVLIldIhro

Best Regards
  2. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Re: hardware first test from argentina

Hello and welcome Diego!

You are off to a good start. Can you post what custom servo hardware you are using?
  3. dhweizel

dhweizel New Member

Balance:
    339Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: hardware first test from argentina

Hi, this is a video of the simulator. Currently is fully functional and complete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TjvaTF5_ZA
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Good job! :clap:

Your daughter seems to enjoy racing pretty much :thbup:

Regards
  5. dhweizel

dhweizel New Member

Balance:
    339Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks egoexpress, i´m not a hardcore simmer, but i really enjoy the process of building. Some friends and I´m just starting an spinoff of our main activity to make some simulators to the people that see our sim at the office and say I want one too !!!!

I´m a low level hardware and software developer and a great part of my job is related to mechanical stuff doing some automatic movement and collecting some info.

I want to thanks to the x-sim community for a great job and i want to offer my time for any kind of software development that the comunity need.
  6. pathetic

pathetic Member

Balance:
    - 38Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cong. nice sim.
    Have you made 30a 28vdc H-bridge yourself or bought?
    Can you add some photos of electronic parts.
  7. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Diego,

well done :clap: The servo´s seems to be very strong and fast and the response time of the motors is amazing, much faster than the regular wiper motors, so please let us know what kind of hardware you use.

regards René
  8. dhweizel

dhweizel New Member

Balance:
    339Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The servos are made of a 24vcc 35 Nm long-distance bus wiper motors, we drill a center hole in the main gear and press fit an steel rod to fix a potentiometer without stop (it has continuous motion) so the feedback potentiometer is in line with the main axis of rotation (good for a low backlash). We found that the key for a strong ride is a powerfull motor with a long arm to gain some speed (the rpm of the motor are fixed), the arm is about 8 cm. another alternative is to lower the upper balljoint at the back of the seat.

The profiler has a percent limiter at 50% because is so strong that my wife complained about the motion. The simulator really punishes you if you go out of the track :D

The electronics is based in a design of my company so I can´t reveal much without a reprimand :( but I can tell you that is a PID loop made by a microcontroller , USB connected to a pc (CDC profile , RS232 emulation), and two H-bridges that use automotive parts. I will ask for permission to share more detailed info.

Regards
  9. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hey this guy is picking information and SELLING the simulator in Argentina!, I can't believe it.
    Is the TroniGR card!!!

Man, you can't sell this simulator is only a DIY idea for non comercial things.
  10. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Read the thread before you start posting please. He clearly posted it is not the AMC.

@dhweizel: could you give more information about your products?
  11. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Actually he can! As long as he keeps business out of our private forum, he is free to use the information on our site for commercial purposes as well. The only difference between commercial users and private users is, that commercial users are not allowed to use patented material for business, while private users can build whatever they want.
    But as neither the AMC, nor the frame base are patented, he is free to sell it.

In the end the XSim community will benefit as well, because the more simulators are out there, the bigger the XSim community will grow, and the faster profiles will be available!

You may have noticed, that he offered a hand on programming.
    Well, this is the type of coexistance of private and commercial members, which brings benefits for the X-Sim project!

Besides, it is not TronicGr' hardware anyway.

Regards
  12. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I noticed that both RaceRay and EgoExpress complimented the video. Is this quality of motion considered good for a wiper motor design?
  13. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Nah, the motion quality needs much tweaking still. But he will get there, I guess...
    I complimented the video, as I am enjoying every new simulator by our members. From every new simulator, and from every mistake someone makes during the build, the community will gain experience.
    Btw, afair he told that he restricted the motion to 50% because of his wife' complaints. Perhaps it performs better with a greater movement range.
    And regarding the speed. I disagree with Raceray. There are faster performing wiper-motor simulators. At least faster as demonstrated in this video above.

Regards.
  14. dhweizel

dhweizel New Member

Balance:
    339Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why are you so hard with me? I didn´t asked a single question in the forum, but i feel the need to show to the comunity our work only for the proud of it.
    I´m tryin to sell some simulator only to meet the minimum quantity of our providers (PCB manufacturing, extrusions lenghts, etc.).

We only make a pair of this sim using tools and pieces of my lab for fun, but some of our clients and friends ask for a sim for them at the office so first I ask to my partners if i can make the electronics open source (not defined yet) but at the end we resolve to put a web site in another domain, we make security devices and tracking software so we are very far of the gaming bussines :).

Now we can point to the new website of the sim when someone ask for it and mantain separated the game of our business (the serious one).

I dont speak english very well so is hard for me to explain it, i promess you that the lack of detail is not a form of hiding.

I will prepare a post about the electronics to show that in not based in AMC (about i have a great respect) . I´m waiting to a response for my partners for open source it or not (sadly Argentina is a bad country for copyright licences and cloning is very common here)

Regards
  15. dhweizel

dhweizel New Member

Balance:
    339Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed that ne2005 is from Argentina. I feel bad for the lack of a question from him about the electronics origin, but it seems that is easier to think that any electronic in Argentina is a copy and not a local development.

I hope that my posts can help to change that perception in the future.

Those are pictures of the electronics of the sim at my house (the one of the videos and the first we made) that use the first prototype of the electronics (look at the photoresist PCB)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will prepare a post about the integration of the as5040 magnetic encoder at the motor so it works without a potentiometer (for now you can look at the album) at http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/gallery/album.php?album_id=78

Regards