1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question: motors and less powered PSU

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Daniel Müller, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Daniel Müller

Daniel Müller New Member

Balance:
    25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hello guys,

I am trying to build a 2 dof simulator and unfortunately I don't have alot of knowledge about electronic stuff. So I do have some questions.

I bought two motors with 24v 500w 20ampere 1:50 ratio 60 rpm.

I also have a 24v 20 ampere PSU.

My question is, what happens if I connect both motors on this less powered PSU?

Can the motors or the PSU blow Up?

Do the motors just run with less power?

And do the motors run on even less power because the motors have to share the Energie they get from the PSU?

If I have to buy a new PSU, is there a cheap one you can recommend?

Sorry for those many questions.

I would be very very thankful for some help :)
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  2. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    use 2 x 12v car batteries and use the power supply to keep them fully charged

do you have a link to the spec of the motors ?
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  3. Daniel Müller

Daniel Müller New Member

Balance:
    25Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
  4. Allwin Joseph

Allwin Joseph ajstan

Student
    Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    it would cause the psu to run at full load which is not desirable, better add two 12v lead acid batteries and use the PSU to keep them charged.