1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question about Soft-Pneumatic?

Discussion in 'Pneumatic equipment - outdated' started by yobuddy, Apr 17, 2007.

1. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,214Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    It looks like by using festo 5/3 – 1/8g valves that soft-pneumatic is not possible?

It’s more of a pulse-control like the old R’n’R but with 3 speeds to smooth out the jerkiness. Is this correct?

I believe we would need 8 individual valves to achieve soft-pneumatic?

Since the festo 5/3 – 1/8g is a tried and true way to setup the simulator, I will probably just setup the same way, but I’m wondering if it is worth it to try to find 8 individual valves?

Thanks!
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The softmotion with pulsed control is in first instance for people which have the origninal valve block. If you have one, the pulsmode with softpneumatic is the recommended mode.

Imho the 4valves 3speeds version is the the best way to go. Its more smooth in movements and you wouldnt have the sounds of fast pulsing valve relays.

I think its a question of how much money you can or want to spend ;)

regards
  3. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,214Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    Thanks egoexpress!

Just trying to build the best simulator I can the first time around, so I’m not kicking myself later.

Thanks again.