1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

PSU problem

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by evolaco, Jul 26, 2017.

1. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi, I use a PSU DPS800GB A and a battery of 12v 7A that I use in parallel to absorb the voltage peaks of the motors (before the tension was raised and I burned the fans), the problem is that in a few minutes the source To and will not reboot until I re-start the starter pins, my motors are about 15A, and I have 25A fuses that have not been burned, I do not understand that it stops having the help of the battery, when it stops almost You can see why the battery continues and with its 7a moves the motors perfectly
  2. NjMotion

NjMotion Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,500Coins
    Ratings:
    +261 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 6DOF
    Hi,

The battery is 7ah but the amount of current it can give is much higher (starting amps). The source is protected by the changes of direction of the motors (they have very high peaks of consumption) although having the battery should not have problem. You can test a large capacitor (s) at the source outlet and stabilize the current (this should be done by the battery).
    The battery may be in poor condition.

Spanish.
    La batería es de 7ah pero la cantidad de corriente que puede dar es muchisimo mayor (amperios de arranque). La fuente se protege por los cambios de dirección de los motores (tienen unos picos muy altos de consumo) aunque teniendo la batería no debería haber problema. Puedes probar poniento un o unos condensadores grandes a la salida de la fuente y así estabilizaría mucho la corriente (aunque eso ya lo debe estar haciendo la batería).
    Puede que la batería esté en mal estado.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Thanks for the answer, the battery is new and seems to work fine, she alone can move the motion without problems, the motors never go 25a each because they do not burn fuses, an 82A source should be able to withstand, use ibt2 and Have not burned, I doubt that there are many amps in use, because overheating could be? Should not be a PSU server either ..

Spanish
    gracias por la respuesta, la bateria es nueva y parece funcionar bien, ella sola puede mover el motion sin problemas, los motores no pasan nunca de 25a cada uno porque no se queman los fusibles, una fuente de 82A deberia poder aguantar, uso ibt2 y no se han quemado, dudo que hayan muchos amperios en uso, por sobrecalentamiento podria ser? no deberia tampoco siendo una PSU de servidor..
  4. NjMotion

Balance:
    1,500Coins
    Ratings:
    +261 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 6DOF
    I think I have 16v capacitors in parallel with the welded cables, ready to connect. I'm going to look for them tomorrow, if I find them, you give me your address and I'll leave them to try.

Spanish
    Creo que tengo unos condensadores de 16v en paralelo con los cables soldados, listos para conectar. Los voy a buscar mañana, si los encuentro, me pasas tu dirección y te los dejo para probar.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. NjMotion

Balance:
    1,500Coins
    Ratings:
    +261 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 6DOF
    Put the battery cables shorter and if you can put them more section and test well. If everything goes well, you decide whether to put the capacitors or not.
    The used ones do not find them but new ones I have at least 15, so there is plenty.

Spanish
    Pon los cables de la batería mas cortos y si puedes ponlos de más sección y pruebas bien. Si va todo bien, tú decides si pones los condensadores o no.
    Los usados no los encuentro pero nuevos tengo por lo menos 15, así que hay de sobra.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. evolaco

evolaco Member

Balance:
    1,070Coins
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    At the moment I have not had problems with the shorter cables, to see if this way does not fail

spanish
    De momento no he tenido problemas con los cables mas cortos, a ver si asi no falla
    • Like Like x 1