1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Prosimu T1000 x3 as Flight Sim? Any pilots?

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by FlyingColander, Oct 6, 2016.

1. FlyingColander

FlyingColander Member

Balance:
    643Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -0
    I know the overwhelming number of users here are drivers. I'm a pilot. Does anyone fly a Prosimu product? Would you post a video? I think the yaw effect would be great for feeling your rudder. Taxi-ing and strafing and hammer head stalls.

I'm an eyelash away from buying one. Any insight you could lend would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Flying Colander
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  2. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    why not make your own and spend your money on cockpit controls etc.

you could make it practically for half the price using the same actuators if your handy with a welder or know someone who is
  3. FlyingColander

FlyingColander Member

Balance:
    643Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -0
    That's a fair question to someone who uses this forum.

I have tried, crammy. I tried to convert a pneumatic Rock n' Ride from the 80s. Here's an example:

As you can see, a noble attempt but it was damn noisy, under powered and laggy. Simtools had yet to be invented and XSim had moved beyond pneumatic control boards. It ended in tears.

While I like the idea of fabricating something myself, my skills aren't up to snuff, I don't have a banging about in shed nor do I have friends who weld. The package for pitch, roll and yaw offered by Prosimu is remarkable. Having a plug-and-play option, delivered to your door, with a 2 year guarantee, for under 3000e is difficult to beat.

I just want to see one in flight.

Ta, Flying Colander
  4. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    I don't know anything about the integrity of Prosimu rigs themselves but the integrity of the company itself stinks because they have been supplying Simtools and plugins to their customers and have been charging them tons of money to install it too even though they have been told multiple times by yobuddy that they are in violation of his Simtools1.3 license. They don't give a crap though! So considering that fact its a little easier to understand why their price is, "difficult to beat" considering they really owe yobuddy thousands of dollars from their theft. This fact is the main reason for the birth of Simtools2 to attempt to stop the theft from this company and others!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FlyingColander

FlyingColander Member

Balance:
    643Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -0
    That is bad news indeed. What a shame. I was not aware of this. Does yobuddy have a donation site? I'm sure many of us would chip in for this terrific tool. This is might be the only way to counter the Tragedy of the Common Good.
  6. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    I have not heard of a donation site or of the ability to send yobuddy money via PayPal either.

Some people that have bought from Prosimu have stated they will purchase Simtools2 professional when they can though. And some purchase a download package too thinking that is the same thing, but it isn’t. That money goes to the website and to my knowledge nothing goes to yobuddy.

It seems a little strange to me too that this behavior has been openly allowed on this site but there has been no desire from administrators to police the issue which is probably why you haven’t heard of this until now. At least they finally removed the advertising Prosimu was doing on this site after I said wtf! Anyway, yobuddy created Simtools2 to take the matter into his own hands now.

Imho, everyone should be thanking yobuddy for not yanking Simtools from this site like I probably wound have because he is truly committed to providing software for the DIY user even though he has been getting screwed over by some commercial entities in the process of doing so.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016