1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Prosimu T1000 3DOF my first go at a moving sim

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Ebola_Virus, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Ebola_Virus

Ebola_Virus New Member Gold Contributor

self employed
    Balance:
    50Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    So finally after beeing a sim racer for over more then 30 years i decided to buy my first moving sim rig.
    In the early days i used a spare seat of my pontiac transporter. then build a rig out of mdf this worked very well . I used a matrox triple head to go and a track IR and it was BIG fun all the way.
    Now all of that is gone and has made place for the HTC VIVE this is a whole other level of racing.. so sitting in a MDF rig doesnt really help now...(because you cant see it anyway)
    So moving is the way to go and after having some help from different forum's and youtube simracers i decided to go for the Prosimu T1000 3DOF.
    I have just put it all together on a moving platform . my next free weekend i'm doing all the cable work.
    I already posted a unboxing vid on youtube :
    in my old simrig i started with logitech racinggear then later moved on to Thrustmaster pro series... now however with a rig like that its time to move on to bigger things...so FANATEC it is ..(i know there is other stuff out there but that was the end of my budget LOL) maybe later i will go for a direct drive from fanatec but i was lucky there production model is not ready yet....hmm
    You can see my FANATEC unboxing here :

Unfortunately beeing self employed i do not have a lot of time to make vids let alone build sim rigs...
    this whole lot took me 6 monts to complete...LOL something a normal human beeing would do in a week....
    anyway hope you enjoye it as much as i do and i will keep you posted on what i think of my Prosimu and if it really is wurth all that money...
    thanks and see ya laters.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Newgun

Newgun Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    77Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 4DOF
    Hi Ebola_Virus, really looking forward to your impressions of the T1000-3 DOF.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. AussieSim

AussieSim Member

Balance:
    1,452Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Ebola_Virus for the recent build video.

It seems that your assembly was 6 months delayed, so you doesn't have the extra holes in the actuator flat plate for the optional larger PRS 200 actuators as in this build
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/attachments/photo_2017-12-09_20-29-43-2-jpg.46562/

I was also wondering if your SCN actuators came with rubber feet that attach to the metal rods ? As you don't show any on your build video.

Thanks
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018