1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

profiles?

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by sharky, May 31, 2008.

1. sharky

sharky New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi all!

there is something i dont understand. wht i dotn understand is if i have to create a profile with yoda on every game i want to play r if there are X games that already have a profile.. if some games already have it, where can i find the profile for live for speed? i searched around but wasnt able to find anything.. thank you

igor
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  3. sharky

sharky New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi!

thanks for the answers! my simualtor is still in developement, all i wanted to do is test the controller i made. it seems not to work, or at elast the ame doestn start. and i think that th eproblem is on my side.. :) so here si what i ahve done:

downloaded the profiler file
    opened force sender
    selected the live for speed plugin
    selected the location of the exe
    clicked on send data
    opened the profiler,
    loaded the downloaded file
    clicked on start simualtor
    and then in teh force sender clicked the play button

what happens is this:

error window: could not write to data folder, is LFS correctly installed on a hard drive?

nothing more.. any idea?

thnx

igor
  4. sharky

sharky New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ehm, do you mean to simply hit the send and then to run the game normally from the desktop connection?
  5. sharky

sharky New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just tried.. no luck.. :(

lfs freezes on the black startup screen and on flatout 2 there is no signal sent to the control board. both numbers stay at 127 without changing. they do change if i move the cursors manually..

-----------edit-------------

now in flatout i do get some movement but it comes directly from the wheel. it comes also outside fo the game. if i hit a wall ingame nothing happens.
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Hi

Try it this way:

-make the modification to the LFS config file as mentioned on the plugin page.

-start LFS
    -ensure you are in cockpit view
    -ensure your vehicle is in movement, otherwise you dont get changing values which you can seee in the profiler (you can set up a AI-racer as well)

-start Sender
    -select LFS Plugin
    -press Send
    (do not press the play button. Seems to be a bug, you dont need it anyway)

-Start Profiler
    -you should be able to see the changing values in the upper menu now.

The rest is your turn:

-make your profile or use the profile from Thanos
    -press start simulator

To check your interface you could use the coordinate system instead of LFS as well. Press start simulator button and move the sliders for x-y near the CS to output some data via USO.

Good luck
  7. sharky

sharky New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yesssssssssss it works! great! thank you soooo much!

what do i need to do in order to have flat out working as well? flat out doesnt seem to send any data.