1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Problems with my frex motion seat

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by punsher, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punsher

punsher New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello together, hopefully im right here.
    I have bought the frex motion seat a few weeks ago.
    The seat is now ready mounted and after installing the driver and the software, the movement works fine.
    I started the software and when i push the demo button, the dampers move both 5 cm forward.
    When i use the cursors, the seat moved in the direction i want and also the vibration was working fine.
    Here appeared the first problem, when demo is ended it moves only one damper back and one is still 5 cm forward.
    The main problem is, that the software didnt find my user name in rfactor and also not in gtr2.
    I didnt find anything to give the software the path of r-factor.
    So is there any plugin wich i have to use?
    I have installed the driver and the software, only 2 thinks at least.
    Or can there be any other problems, i think the seat ist mounted well.
    It would be nice if anyone can help me.
    Thanks a lot with kind regards Jose Mendiola
  2. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Jose,

The Frex simulator has a weird bug that requires you to wake up the actuators. Here is how you do it:

1. Turn off the power to the actuators (ensure that they move freely)
    2. Wait 30 seconds and turn the power back on.
    3. Open the simConBase interface and press Test. One actuator will move (sometimes two).
    4. Drag the Tachometer slider all the way up and down. This should wake up the other actuator.

This should fix your problem. If not, check all your cables and try the steps above again.

As for your user names, they must be one word with no spaces for the simConBase software to recognize them.

I hope this helps.

BTW, you may want to consider converting your Frex system to an X-Sim based system. You will find much better performance. Here is a thread that describes it in detail: how-to-convert-your-frex-scm-to-x-sim-t1412.html
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The Frex forum to discuss issues with Frex hardware is here: http://frex.xsrv.jp/xoops/modules/newbb/

However, x-simulator.de is the right place if you decide to convert to X-Sim someday, to get increased motion qualtiy with your SCN5 actuator setup.

regards
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.