1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Problem finding the right Motor for my 2DOF

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by bangles1975, Feb 1, 2017.

1. bangles1975

bangles1975 New Member

Balance:
    339Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello all together, iam searching now since 3 days for the right movement of my coming 2DOF. I have seen some Smolkas, they are out of stock. I have seen this motors from motiondynamics, even out of stock. I live in germany and all threads i have found with wipermotors or dc motors in there are older and those motors are not available in germany. I have found a page called "Simukit", they offer motors for 2dof but they have only 40 rpm. Is this enough or do i need more rpm? I have had a frex simcon motion but i needed to sell it a few years ago. So i need something that is not much slower than this one... Please help me finding a good, strong and fast motor for an accepatble amount of money. Why is it so difficult finding a good motor? I really cant understand ist. Thanks a lot!
  2. MarkusB

MarkusB Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,212Coins
    Ratings:
    +594 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hi @bangles1975,
    I saw that another member offers some motors plus other equipment for sale:
    https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...zyt80-150w-ratio-50-1-and-n-4-jrk-12v12.9668/
    Since he is from Italy, the deal should be not too complicated. :)
    Maybe you want to contact him.

Best regards,
    Markus
  3. bangles1975

bangles1975 New Member

Balance:
    339Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    @markus, thank you a lot! Unfortunaly i have written with him and the motors are reserved till sunday... Maybe we will make that deal but i will look forward for an other option.
  4. MarkusB

MarkusB Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,212Coins
    Ratings:
    +594 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Ok, then good luck with the reserved motors.
    I got mine from motiondynamics. It can take some weeks until they have such items back in stock, so just look at their site from time to time. But the delivery costs and taxes to Germany are really painful!
  5. martin falz

martin falz Member

Balance:
    228Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I have buy it by ebay. A normal motor for VW Amarok. Coast only 45€.
  6. Evan Rowlands

Evan Rowlands EMR Industries

business owner/ EMR industries
    Balance:
    - 72Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Gday mate i use motion dynamic wiper motors for my 2 dof frame 70watt 35nm moves the whole rig no worrys..i weigh 70kg..

$65.00AUD
  7. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Active Member Gold Contributor

Control Engineer
    Balance:
    1,674Coins
    Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Hi @bangles1975 I'm having exactly the same problem. MotionDynamics seems to be the best place to go but like you, the shipping prices are high as I live in the UK.
    I've just recently come across electric scooter motors and I'm wondering if these will do the job? It's something that I'm considering at the moment. They seem to be readily available and come in a variety of sizes from 12V 150W to 300W and also in 24V and 48V varieties.
    I would expect that these are also easy to get hold of in Germany? However, having not used them as yet, I can't recommend them. It's just an idea that I'm considering.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...oter+motor.TRS0&_nkw=e+scooter+motor&_sacat=0

Good luck in your search! ;)