1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Prescription lens adapter HPG2

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by PeterW, Jan 1, 2021.

1. PeterW

PeterW alias Wickie

Dipl. Ing. Mb (FH)
    Balance:
    1,609Coins
    Ratings:
    +361 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi all!
    I found that the HPG2 is more critical to my eye focus and cylindric errors.
    So I have to wear eye-glasses to use the headset. After a short time I saw first signs of scratches from the eye-glasses, so I had to have a fast solution to this problem .

I found this on "thingiverse". See here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4694570
    As lenses, I used older eye-glasses and made them round and with chamfers with help of a grinding machine. This was done fast and easy.
    The lens Adapter 3D-print was also nice.
    Here is the result, that works perfect for me:

20210101_223326.jpg 20210101_223339.jpg 20210101_223427.jpg
    The only modification I had to make on the 3D-print was to remove material (on the picture see left side next to the glasses)

Wickie
    • Like Like x 1