1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Pot axis display with Frex style sim

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by SimHawk, Oct 28, 2007.

1. SimHawk

SimHawk Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hello,
    While I am waiting for my valves I am testing my Frex style chair with pots mounted.

Is the red dot in the simulator diagram supposed to follow the cylinder axis/pot feedback or the simulator axis? On a Frex like chair when the simulator is full forward both the cylinders are extended and the red dot is up in one corner of the diagram cause both pots are in one end as well. I had expected it to follow the center line up and down when I move the sim forward and backwards.

How can I tell the profiler that I have a frex configuration?
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  3. SimHawk

SimHawk Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Thank you. So during calibration run, when profiler says Simulator goes up it is actually extending one cylinder and my frex chair will move to e.g. fully right?

@egoexpress - I'll try the profiler setup that I found in your link.

BTW: A friend and I had an entertaining and funni driving session this weekend. Since the valves are missing we moved the chair by hand while the other drove! LOL! :D Who said I'am grown up??
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    The calibration run is dedicated for RnR type sims. It is just important that it extends both cylinders to their /startend positions one by one. If the direction isnt right, you just have to exchange the air hoses connected to the cylinders.

You need a frex type valve matrix config as well. Please ask Ferrari_man for it. I have given him the config file.
  5. SimHawk

SimHawk Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    @egoexpress - You say it is dedicated for RnR. I assume I do have to run it in order to get my pots calibrated? Just that the up and down in the dialog boxes have no meaning in a Frex setup?
  6. SimHawk

SimHawk Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    And one more question. Profiler says during calibration that a potmeter has too little travel or something. How much of the 256 values from the AD must be in use for profiler to accept it?
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    make sure you get the max travel without destroying the pots.

I dont have it in mind, but you need almost the full length.

Make sure to use linear (not logarithmic) pots!
  8. SimHawk

SimHawk Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    I have alredy broken one pot! I had them calibratet to almost full travel, but one control rod jumped off and I reconnected it wrong with pot destruction as a result- I use 50k linear conductive plastic.
  9. SimHawk

SimHawk Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    @ Sirnoname - What you said about 45 deg rotation is actually very describing. I made a profile yesterday and tested it with the LFS plugin. Although I got four lines, not five in my G-force calculations. Thank you for your help folks!