1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Podium DD2 & DOF Reality P3 Mounting

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by TR1PL3D, Mar 27, 2020.

1. TR1PL3D

TR1PL3D New Member

Balance:
    244Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    So I finally stumped up the cash for a DD2 and the 911 GT3 R wheel, which I intend to put on my DOF Reality P3 motion rig.

Has anyone here got a DD2 or DD1 on a DOF Reality platform?
    Would be interested to learn how you have it mounted.
    I note that the P3's wheel mounting plate already has holes drilled for the triangular pattern, which is great.

I suppose my real concern is stability and flexing, this is a very heavy motor and of course strong, I do have some strengthening of the P3 in place already, and have further plans that will be implemented when the wheel arrives next week.

But would love to see or learn about what others have done.

Heres a pic of what I have done to reduce flex with the handbrake and shifter.

Thanks and stay safe :)

20200327_121351.jpg
  2. TR1PL3D

TR1PL3D New Member

Balance:
    244Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    Have a look HERE for what I ended up doing.
  3. TR1PL3D

TR1PL3D New Member

Balance:
    244Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    The wheel base plate is not adjustable with regards to angle. You will need a bracket that holds the Podium wheel that allows for angle adjustment, and as far as I know. Nobody is making one of these that is suitable for mounting on a H3/P3 wheel plate. I've only seen brackets that are designed to be used with Fanatec cockpit (Fanatecs own mount), and aluminium profile.