1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Pneumatic frex chair

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by robert, Mar 27, 2008.

1. robert

robert New Member

Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    hello all,

Thanks for the fixed file :thbup:
    I have got a custom made frex style pneumatic chair.

robert.jpg

I wonder how i must wire the valves(5/3 middle closed) to the k8055 interface?
    Is there someone who have a wire sketch (frex style pneumatic) for me ?
    Thanks!
  2. robert

robert New Member

Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    Re: Pneumatic frex chear

hi sirnoname,

Is it possible to use pulsmode for festo valve 5/3 g?
  3. robert

robert New Member

Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform

Some documentations about te valve ,

I want to use festo valve MEH 5/3g-18b , but i can make a spring supported sim so i can get use a valve meh 5/3b-18b or cpe18-m1h-5/3-1/4.
    I think it is better than the festo valve 5/3 middle open ,or not? for spring supported sim.
    I like the spring supported sim most because you sim is going direct to the middle postion if you get no g forces in the car.

robert.
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

Hi robert,

nice setup!

For pulsmode you have to use single way valves. You cannot use pulsmode with 5/3 valves. But you can have 3 speeds with 5/3 valves without pulsmode as well.
    There is not much difference between both operation modes. But the 5/3 setup is more silent I think.

As I stated in another thread some days ago, I am concentrating myself on the electric acutators. But I think Simhawk would help you with the 5/3 setup if you asked him.

X-Sim has some kind of washout algorithm integrated, that moves your seat slowly back to center position after a short period that can be adjusted in the software. There is no need for springs.

Regards
    Christian
  5. robert

robert New Member

Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    valve matrix problem

hi egoexpress,

Can not get the calibration procedure right ,i get the message There is too less y potentionmeter detected.
    How can i do this right?
    Thanks.
    :hi:
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Re: valve matrix problem

You have to ensure more travel!
    How much travel lenght of the pot do you use? 70-80-90% ?

If you use the full travel, then turn the y-pot.

Regards
    Christian
  7. robert

robert New Member

Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    Re: valve matrix problem

Hi Christian,

The calibration is just a test ,i use the k8055 without extern linair pots only the pots on the print.
    When i startup the force profiler then the red ball is in the middle.The pots on the print are in the middle too.
    The Xas is 70% And the Yas is 70%
    If i turn the pot on the print for more y axis then still i get the message There is too less y potentionmeter detected.
    If i don't use the calibration and i start the force profiler then is the red ball in the middle and i can use the steer but the automatic centerposition is gone.(don't work).
    Is there a different between using a extern pot or jus use the pot on the print?

It is no problem for me that the reply is in germany ,can only not whrite in germany.

Regards
    Robert