1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Pls help. Can't get Math setup to work

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by boons4, Jul 13, 2012.

1. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    I am desperate now as took leave trying to get my first motion rig to work. After 4 hours still no success and my great advisor email has problem at the moment. It is 15 v dc motor on 2 dof and the jrk polulu utility had been setup properly. I can use this utility to run motor and move the 2dof 2 motors to get the left and right tilt movement correctly.

However when I try with iracing, somehow I only feel that one motor is working and I can only get the rear left axis movement tilting down towards front right axis motion..hope someone can help me. I set the comport correctly. I think it is the maths setup that messed it.

For axis1 I have 1-3 on output, 4-6 on threshold collision and 7 being the calibration offset. Then I assign the following
    1- value 25 lateral force effect inverted
    2- value 26 vertical force inverted
    3 - value 27 longitudinal force inverted...
    4-6 follow the above.

I repeat this for axis 2. I read extensively already there is really no clear guide on math setup..hope u all can help me out pls. I think it is the error in math setup to result in feeling only one motor at work in one direction I feel. Thanks

P/s hope that bsft bro email can be up soon to advise me pls. Thanks.
  2. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys I just check and realize when in game, the right motor which is configure as axis 1 is not moving at all....hope someone can advise me is it the maths setup issue?
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Look up what comports your jrks are under.
    Then go to profiler, click output, click USO, on first find one free comport enter the comport of the first card, example, \\.\COM28, then click add comport to list, make sure you are showing axis 1 = ~a01~.
    Then go to select comport to edit and enter USO commands.
    Pay attention to the second line, for axis 1 = ~ao1~, enter ~221~~a01~.
    Now go back to find one free comport, click refresh, then enter second comport, example \\.\COM30, the click the tab axis 1 and select axis 2, that assuming you created 2 axis in math section with Add axis.
    Now it should read axis 2 = ~ao2~
    Now go to select comport to edit click the drop down list to find the second comport, and for the second line of code in USO commands, use ~221~~a02~.
    This will tell x-sim that there are two motors and to operated them separately.
    Failing that, post pictures of the comport screen from device manager. Make sure that is set right. I know I had that issue in the beginning as well.
    Cheers, David.
  4. boons4

boons4 New Member

Balance:
    157Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi bsft thanks so much I think this could be the problem as I never click refresh at this step. Also at this step there is no apply or ok function to set which is weird.

Hi bro can u shed some light on how to set the math? I am really blur on this! Tks
    Each axis must have output force n the other collision force right? N I jus ensure both axis must hv 25, 26 n 27 sender value feedback? Tks
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Try using the rfactor profile I sent you and fiddle with the numbers and invert forces as needed.