1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Playstation VR Racing on PC

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by dr.feelgood, Apr 18, 2017.

1. dr.feelgood

dr.feelgood Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    481Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi.
    I'm building 2DOF driving sim and I tried to evaluate different display options... I tried few TV's, but in cheapo side all had slow panel and picture was very blurry when riding through wales forests... Three 24 inc monitor seems too small.

Then I discovered that there now is software which enables PS VR on PC. This seemed good option price vs easy to get, so I bought one...

I got it to work as extra monitor, which is like bigger screen than my 24", so head movement acts like I'm looking different parts of monitor, okay.

But, I don't get it any focus on this!!! All the way picture is blurry and text in desktop is hardly readable.
    I tried all kind of positions in my head, different distance settings of front part and so... I'ts a big downer....

Has anyone tried PS VR on PC and have you any idea why i cannot get proper focus?
  2. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    what software is is?
  3. Daguru

Daguru Rally drivers do it in the Dirt

Kitchen installer
    Balance:
    453Coins
    Ratings:
    +632 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
  4. dr.feelgood

Balance:
    481Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi!

Software is Trinus VR, you can find by googling...
  5. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    I take it your using something like this ?

Edit: you already posted lol
  6. dr.feelgood

Balance:
    481Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi!

I did read almost hundred pages of frustrated PlayStationers who has the same problem as i have. Some of them has discovered that same VR-set is okay on some other user, so there must me something odd with lens-display dimension that does not suit to everyone.

I just wonder how like oculus or htc has resolved how to set focus on their products. Also as I do wear classes it is not so comfortable to use these with them. I could use without classes if there were somekind of aspherical adjustment for other eye.

Any thoughts?
  7. ZKILLA

ZKILLA Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN5, SCN6
    Can I have the name of this software? I also have PS VR headset but not many games available right now on PS4
  8. dr.feelgood

Balance:
    481Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Just read above posts... :nerd
  9. Vef445

Vef445 Active Member

Balance:
    597Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Just tried it today, and similar result than I had few months ago when trying the Vive: the resolution is so low that I lose all the immersion effect.
    Back to my 3x40" setup, with a complete 180degrees of screen in front of me (3x1080p), the result is for me a lot more immersive (and of course a lot nicer to look at).

Let's see how VR will be in 5 years, when both the headsets and GPU will handle proper resolutions.