1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Peter`s MULTI SIM PROJECT

Discussion in 'News' started by Skaut69, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Project from basic steps was designed to be as a Multi Simulation Motion Platform.

Whole platform is adjustable in every possible way. If something is not already it can be done anyway. I named it Multi Sim Project because i am going to develop it farther and use it with all known type of simulations. It is already prepared for car ones but i got everything to switch it for flight simulation and as you known from other topic i am trying to get motion from First Person Perspective Shooters - i got special designed arms for controllers to add to the platform.

I wanna say thanks to you guys, all members of this community. All yours projects and all problems what you had with them before - i was using like a solution in time when develop my own.
    P1020298x.jpg

Sirnoname many times helped me with any software and hardware problems giving me solution even when something new came up! Egoexpres, bvillersjr, Ferrari_Man - they kept me out of drama! If you will ever have some problem They are going to help you - no doubt about it. THANK YOU GUYS one more times.

I never wrote to Mr. Burns but i want say thanks to him as well. I actually start my project reading about his experiences when he was developing his own. Thanks mate - i really own you ! I am sending everyone new who starting his new project to Mr. Burn`s topic - you will find there lots of solutions.
  2. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That is arm with the SCN5 actuator. I have put actuator in the socket to keep straight line between mountings. Bottom of the arm is adjustable to get this more useful when it gos to setting it up.

Attached Files:

3. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Top of the platform is adjustable up and down. Also long arms are movable to get right center of chair between supporting legs.

I did it adjustable this way because i am going to use my Sim with projector and bigger screen. I don`t really know how high it will be. Still it is good to have yours body higher from the ground and ability to change it.

Attached Files:

4. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Pivot is from car steering wheel. He is pretty big one and that is putting top frame higher than i was expecting but i will change it in future. Everything i bolted down very strong thats why i am not getting any movements to the sides from the top frame.

Attached Files:

5. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That is the top frame with chair and back arms. Back arms can be removed and in the future they will be also adjustable for different chair. Arms at the bottom are movable to get precision of the weight when it comes to set it up.

At the front of frame you can see three sockets - they are for arms of the controller.

Attached Files:

6. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Arm for the controllers are attached to the top frame to get movements on the steering wheel and pedals as well.

Thing is that very first idea of this type of Sim was to get simulation of gforce working on yous body in a chair. I agree with that when someone is making his project with controllers separated from moving parts. My point is that i am thinking about getting filling of movements from whole car. I decided to do this one day when i was driving on the Track and i noticed that when you are siting in bulked seat strapped by harness belts you are not going to get much from gforce (you hardly move) but you can really fill every move of car`s body. You fill like part of car not like in civil car where belts holding you when accident is coming and you are pretty free on chair. I can say now that it is more fun and accurate. I was using both type of Sim.

I fact yours body works in this way - you getting all vibrations and informations about movement from middle ear but he is getting it from yours arms and legs. About this middle ear - probably that French simulator who works only on the head is because of this ability. Middle ear is keeping yours body stability.

Attached Files:

7. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Short story about pedals. I was going to put them opposite than they are in logitech`s idea but i was manipulating with whole unit when one day i noticed some type of pedals on iRacing advert. I find out that they are just g25 ones without cover. Then i remind myself that i have seen something before. I went through all topics and i found it. Egoexpress - big thank you man. He did that long time before - to get those pedals like they are in 90% of cars. Ones again comes true about being careful when you reading (flying through) topics.

Attached Files:

8. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Steering wheel and gearbox is on adjustable arm - up, down, front back and angle of wheel.

Attached Files:

9. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Going farther by bvillersjr suggestion about protection to pin inside actuator. I have put small round rubber at the bottom of ball joint and harder sponge on bottom of moving arm of scn5. It maybe sounds like it won`t work but i can here that from the sound of SCN5 that they struggling a bit to press it down.

In that place i have question - that is preventing pin on the bottom of SCN5. Is there any pin on the top of arm which can be damaged as well.

Attached Files:

10. Roonster

Roonster Member

Balance:
    609Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Skaut69,

Wow, what a great project. Thanks for the great pictures!

Sincerely,

Paul.
  11. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Peter,

want to thank you for sharing your visual steps of development. :cheers:
    Do you have a video of that great looking simulator?

best regards from germany
    René