1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Pedals

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by crammy, Jan 26, 2017.

1. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Hi all
    Its my 40th in 8 weeks and the Mrs and family have asked what i want for my birthday being a special one.
    Normally i say nothing as people as i generally never think of anything i want so its always money or vouchers.

This year, without hesitation the first thing that blurted out of my mouth in an instant was "pedals"

I was originally going to get clubsports but changed my mind as they would probably end up getting upgraded in the near future so i didnt want to buy 2 sets.

I have contacted protosimtech enquiring about the PT-1's and they have not got back to me so i ruled that out.

there is a company in the uk, called pro-sim but there pedals are £ 2,225 for 2 so thats a no go.

Has anyone used the HE elites, or could recommend any others. This is what im looking at but open to suggestions. I will have to top up the difference from about £ 800 so the cheaper the better without sacrificing quality. preferably UK or europe but will go to America if needed.

http://www.h-engineering.net/shop/sim-pedals-ultimate/

cheers Guys
  2. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    professional racing pedals are just a big step ahead in SimRacing (I do not explain here why). If you are not willing to diy (I also bought a set from DSD which is sold out), there exist some sets with different options and functions. Protosimtech has some serious production issues (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1719243308093215&id=1113659788651573) and you never know when you will get those pedals somewhere in future. NTL these pedals are worth the cost IMO and if they would be available you can't do anything wrong with them.

Some links you could find interesting:
    http://www.hppsimulation.com/7-hpp-3-pedal
    http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rgr-gtpp2sp.htm
    http://shop.waveitaly.com/en/pedals/12-3-pedal-set.html
    http://www.ricmotech.com/RealGear_Pedals_s/1866.htm
    http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/pedals.html

Addendum: I would suggest proving the technology they use, an hydraulic solution can simulate a real racing car brake resistance providing the same feedback. My DSD pedals are no hydraulic pedals, but the feeling is pretty good (while IMO still too expensive FWYG)

Addendum 2: The clutch is mostly annoying, so do not expect too much here on this.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  3. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Thanks @Pit I have to say i do like those tilton 600 but the price by the time i get hit with customs and shipping is near the £ 2,000 mark unless i can strike a deal. The 3p-prx-se works out to about £ 1600 to my door.

We dont seem to have much option in the uk.

When you say annoying on your clutch, has it just not got the clutch feel?

I would happily make something like the HE elites as looking at them there is not a lot to it plate wise, and i have the cnc plasm and a brake press for folding. It is all just plate and bolts. The bit i would struggle with is the components themselves, such as the springs, load cells, mini hydraulic cylinders etc. If i could find out all the bits the HE elite used i would just try to make a set, but its all new to me. Ive got a couple of months so will have to do some research.
  4. Pit

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    The clutch mostly is not simulating real forces and "withstand" of a real clutch, you'll never feel the biting point. An other issue is there are not many games supporting a "real" clutch (AFAIK not even AC, there are many postings on AC forums about the lack of real clutch support), it's more like an on off function (just my experience, maybe different from other users).
  5. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Is that to do with, the game not accepting an analogue input for clutch, just a digital meaning either on or off like you say?

one of the things i liked with the PT-1 was the clutch. The reviews said it gave the real clutch feel but how it was designed, but i guess you would just set the deadzone to where you felt comfortable.
    Its a shame thay are having problems as its a lot of pedal for the money.

@f1iceman said he would lend me the t500 pedal electrics to try and build some so i haven't got to pull mine apart and not be able to use them. @roadster also had some clubsports for me to look and and copy, but for what they cost its just easier to buy them
  6. Pit

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    no it's analog but when you try the clutch in AC then you will understand what I mean about on off feeling
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    HE ultimates are OVERKILL....the standard set is all you need. the Shocks on the ultimates actually aren't that ideal, you can feel them under your feet and I VERY much disliked the feel to them....the Brake pedal being 300lbs is also OVER THE Mooon Overkill. The Pro's are all you need if your going that route.

I feel you on the pedal build on the nuts/bolts/washers/bushings/bearings/Loadcell/Sensors....its alot of little unique parts that HAVE to work and if you think your doing to DIY a set of pedals and NOT find issues in your build, your sadly mistaken.

I agree, dont build fana knock offs, for the price and effort involved, the 300 $ isn't a bad price at all.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Cheers @Nick Moxley . Im not sure what i was looking at previously. i thought i had followed a link to HE pros while searching for pedals and they looked nothing like that, and more homemade. At that price i get the handbrake too, although neither are in stock at the minute.
    Have you used the pro's and what did you think if you have? i know you said you tried elite but wasn't sure.
  9. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Interesting, thats rare that he doesn't have a set for sale.

No I haven't used a set of Pro's....tho the only difference being the Shocks on each pedal, the load cell and a few more adjustments which im sure are complete overkill as well. So in reality the Ultimates are Not needed at all. Pro's all the way.

I had a unique opinion of the pedals however i was limited to what i could play with. So Hopefully buddy gets his Frexx pedals sooner than later so i can buy those Ultimates from him for Pro Prices.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    im going to send him an email and see when they are back in. he has the ultimates in stock though.

You Cant dislike the ultimates that much then or will yo try and modify them so there is not as much force required? i did watch the sim racing garage and he said people had returned them as they wer really hard.
  11. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:

DXtweak allows you to set What ever brake force you want. So I will NOT be using the load cell ANY where near its capacity that's for sure, and might even dismount the shocks on Throttle and clutch pending how they feel when i finally get them in my hands and am able to tweak with them.
  12. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    in the sim racing garage review he said he toned them down and found them really comfortable. three is a lot of adjustment.

I think im going for the HE Pros mate so thanks for that. It works out about £ 820 delivered with the handbrake so i'm happy with that as a 40th birthday present. just waiting for the reply on the pedals. The website says the Handbrakes will be ready at the end of the month.

The next thing will be a descent H-shifter and that's my rig complete. Any recommendations as my TH8RS is pretty crap
  13. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    you can get bite points on some games and adjust but you need the pedals to be set up to feel that way and then match the settings up in the games for sensitivity and so on.
    like i dont calibrate my clutch full press and then use the game setting to put the bite where i like.
    i have control in iracing and dirt if i rememeber right.
    but my pedal set lets it down. i was thinking of a spring n shock system worked out with the right angle that its hard to press then the leaver angle canges at about 50% travell then the angle weakes the feel so you get a hard to soft transition.
    once you find that setup right you have a bite point.

well thats what i was thinking ! lol

when ya readyu crammy can send you them pedals to have a play.
  14. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    cheers mate. what im going to do is get the set of HE pros with the handbrake when in stock as an early birthday present, and then replicate them the best i can using your pedal electrics is possible, and some spring and struts etc, and see how that works. I'll use them on Project no 3 seatmover. Don't worry about posting mate, as i forget i still have your DK2 in the cupboard and you can come down in a few weeks when the new rig is p and running
    • Like Like x 1
  15. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Awesome yeah can just sort it then saves paying postman pat ! Lol
  16. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    if you need it ill post it mate. i just forgot where it has sat there for so long lol
  17. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    This is what im thinking for pedals. 20170126_211114.jpg
    Depending how you mount the spring angle and the arm that fot to the clutch pedal you can go in at an angle that also pushes the spring away to the point it flips from hard to soft.
    And its that point of hard to soft change you could use to have as bite point.
    Set software up to bite there and it should be a close feeling.
    Thats if my theory works in the first place ! Lol
    Easy to test it out with rc car stuff.
  18. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Lol !
    Will let ya know if i do tho.
    Have alook at the drawing n idea i just commented with for my idea.
  19. crammy

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    I can see how that would work and quite easy if you get the angle right. would definitely need looking at on CAD to get positions. if i had a known spring and damper i could work it out
  20. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    PS neil has H pattern in the works...Hold off for now if you can.....And its Supposedly not far off......Q1 were the initial estimates.