1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

News P5MP : 5 Motion universal Platform

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by prosimu, Sep 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. prosimu

prosimu Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 870Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -1
    This is our new 5 motion universal platform for the Simracers and Pilot who already have a rig (Fanatec, Rseat, P1, Playseat, Vesaro, 80/20.....) :
    Use the PRS 200 actuators [2 G and 280mm/s] - available with 100/150/200mm (4/6/8")
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is a video for example with a Rseat Formula 2 :

Thanks

Patrick ProSimu-shop.com
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi, to be honest, and please do not understand my remarks as an offense - heave, surge, sway and yaw are quite limited, the buzzing is bugging. Especially in real a F1 car you suffer from the bumbs - virtually no suspension (see here) The actuators are pretty high and therefore visible in front of the middle screen (vr not affected of course). Since you are pros you should know that Assetto Corsa is natively supporting triples with a correct view of angel (and not stretched as we can see in your video). What I like is the clear design. On the other hand the price is very high, starting from 8 490,00 € up to 19990,00 is not to be sneezed at all
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kscorp

kscorp New Member

Balance:
    95Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6, Motion platform, 6DOF

Personaly, it's the best compromie for me this solution.... after it's just the settings... Everyone understand the videos are always false for builders.... Everything is possible to make good settings... ProSimu are very good actuators, very strong frame.... For me, it's already a revolution.... The price is not very expensive compared to D-Box for better performence!!!
    After, it's possible to set an axis limiting.... Each person has own opinion...

ProSimu, for me, it's a very very good job. Serious company.
  4. kscorp

kscorp New Member

Balance:
    95Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN6, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Each person has own opinion, and for me, it's not good to compare a video with sensation of motion without testing. It's available for each simulator, test and say after....

I had the chance to test a T5 with PRS200... And actually, it's an ultra-precise simulator, for the GT it's really impresive, seriously.
    I will not have had this kind of comment without trying.

It's my personal opinion too...
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    I don't know why the manufacturer would not try to show the best video examples possible when they're meant to sell product. I would think they would know how to make good settings for them.

Agree basically a D-box type system designed to go under your sofa/couch/etc but with longer actuators.

But d-box type actuators seem to have a problem with certain movements due to geometry. This is noticeable especially with sway. Since I'm unable to test a unit all I can do is look at the math.

The length between the right and left actuators appears to be about 750mm so I'll use that constant for the width. Since the video says they're 100mm actuators that means at full use of travel the most sway/roll possible is 7 degrees. But using full travel would clip all the other dof's on it so in reality it would have to use considerably less. I call this limited.

For comparison 200mm actuators would allow 14 degrees maximum for sway/roll without other dofs. However here seems to be the issue with d-box setups. The more tilt the larger the distance between the ends of the actuators become. So using 14 degrees sway/roll would make the distance between the actuator ends grow to 800mm while the actuators are still placed 750mm apart. :eek:

Therefore something would have to give. If the actuator housings are firmly mounted then the actuator ends will have to move out/in or the actuator rod will need to be able to bend somehow and still function. At 7 degrees the distance between them is considerably less at 757mm or so but even that would put additional stress on components if not handled.

Btw, ultra high precision is not really a factor in racing motion but may help with slow smooth flight.

Its possible I made math errors so feel free to correct me if anyone gets something different.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  6. prosimu

Balance:
    - 870Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -1
    Thanks a lot for your comment and information.

Some answer to your remarks :
    It's difficult to show you micro-bumps on video , but i invite you (France and Switzerland are close) to test our P5MP and other simulator if you want in order to feel the bumps inside the seat (that you can't see on the video). BTW, this is a video with funny settings in order to show you the capacity of our actuators:

The actuators are not hight : where do you see the actuators at the middle of the screen? Or i don't understand your explanation.[​IMG]
    For the settings of AC, you could do the settings that you want, but your right ;-)

Concerning the price of P5MP : 8490 € (incl tax) for a universal platform (5 motion) with 4 PRS 200 [2G and 280mm/s stroke 100mm] and clear design, it's really a good deal. I haven't find a better deal for pro version.

The price of 19 990€ (incl tax) is for the P7MP : new revolutionary 6 dof platform with 7 actuators PRS 200 and new technical solution [still under development. ;-) ]
  7. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
  8. prosimu

Balance:
    - 870Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -1
    I confirm to you that we use AC servomotor actuator. We guarantee constant speed and torque until [193kg] and max load 600kg/actuator. BTW, 300mm/s is largely enought for simracing..... (Dbox is 100mm/s)
    Your price is without tax and without frame..... Our price without tax is 5408€ so around $ 6270.
    Don't forget that you need to do simulation and not surealisme.

Thanks

Patrick
  9. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    No worries, they are indeed different specs. The description on your website is wrong then, these are not BLDC.

Anyway, here is someone that tried the Mirai ones:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. prosimu

Balance:
    - 870Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -1
    I precise for you : we use AC servomotor and our motor is brushless! so our description on our website is correct.
    Thanks

Patrick
  11. Thanos

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,692Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
  12. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Sorry, i did not mean "in the middle", I have written "visible in front of the middle screen". As a result of the height of the front actuators the screens are far away from the driver. upload_2018-9-18_15-50-5.png
    Thank you for your invitation, where are you located? Your website has no further information, only
    ABOUT US
    OUR COMPANY
    Our company

OUR TEAM
    Our team

INFORMATIONS
    Informations

EDIT: got it under "Legal Notice"

EDIT II: 728KM is long way from Switzerland ;)
  13. prosimu

Balance:
    - 870Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -1
    With the Formula V2 the pedals are higher than actuators, so the screen must be after the pedals.

BTW, we have showroom in Lille (North of France) and we will open a second showroom in Le Mans (before the end of this year).

You are welcome to our showroom when you want. Send me a PM please.