1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

P-358 Single Rack Linear Actuators

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by kevinket, Sep 15, 2011.

1. kevinket

kevinket New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been looking into these -
    rack.jpg

I haven't purchased one yet but they look very promising.
    http://www.e-motionllc.com/Single_Rack_Actuator_p/p-358.htm

Specs
    - 12 VDC operation - should be able to work with any wiper motor drive system
    - Max Amp draw: 25 Amps
    - small load amp draw: ~ 5 amps
    - Can supply forces to 100 lbs - though the drive speed will diminish @ higher loads.
    - 4 inches (101 mm)/sec or 8 inches (203 mm)/sec speed - easily convertible via metal gears - not plastic
    - Strokes from 1 inch (25 mm) to 27 inches (686 mm) with base model - though they can be converted to a stroke of 6 feet (1524 mm) for more $.
    - Short body length (3.5 (88.9 mm) long X 4(102 mm) wide)
    - Pivot or rigid body mounting
    - Several end connections to choose from
    - May be shipped w/ power supply, guide rails, brackets, cordsets as specified

The best part - only $195.00 US (not including shipping and any taxes).
    Also, the dealer/manufacturing facility is with 20 miles of my location (Oregon, USA) - he has agreed to let me try one of these using the K8055 USB board and bigtalltim's transistor/relay board before I buy.