1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question One of your interfaces requires simtools to be restarted

Discussion in 'SimTools Pro & Entertainment Version' started by leontoh, Nov 20, 2018.

1. leontoh

leontoh New Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I am a little stuck with this. I have 2 different types of actuators connected to simtools. When I start simtools none of the actuators initialises - when I test output I get this error message.

First actuator is a Frex G-force simulator - it is an SCN 6. Second one is seattime's harness tensioner.

Attached Files:

2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    One of your SCN's is having problems centering on startup.
    I would un-assign all SCN's from SimTools under interface outputs.
    Restart Game Engine and try again.

If it works, add the SCN's back one at a time, and see what happens.
    Let me know how it goes buddy.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  3. leontoh

leontoh New Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks yobuddy. I've got a sneaky suspicion it is the SCN6 that is not centering. I'll do this when I get back to my rig later today. Thank you so much for your help. I'll keep this updated :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. leontoh

leontoh New Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi yobuddy, I have narrowed it down to one of my actuators that is causing this issue. I have no idea how to get it back running again though. When I start simtools it does not centre. When I test output - it gives me the same error that 'one of my interfaces requires simtools to be restarted' error.
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    You will get this
    whenever you use a acuator than need to center at startup but is unable to do it.

It's very hard to tell you what is wrong with the acuator, you may need to send it in for repair.
    I would contact the people you bought it from to see what your options are buddy.
    Take care!
    yobuddy
  6. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    Did your actuators work with Simtools before and why do you only have one actuator selected in the interface settings?
  7. leontoh

leontoh New Member

Balance:
    107Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I must have missed your reply. They did work before.

I am highly embarrassed to report that... after all the troubleshooting - I noticed my actuator wasn't plugged in to the power socket. I'll go away and hide now. :oops::blush
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,159Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
    No worries @leontoh,
    No matter the reason, its always nice to know its fixed!
    Take care!
    yobuddy