1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

One motor is Hot

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by ne02005, Dec 10, 2018.

1. ne02005

ne02005 Member

Balance:
    105Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi, I´m using wiper motors for my sim, works great, but I noticied that one motor is getting more hotter than other... abou 41º C... I´m usin Pwm max at 255 for fast response, but this motot getting hot...
    Whe the simulator is stopped (waiting for game) is when is more hot, but playing, some degrees low down.
    I´ve trie to low down the pwmmax, is more colder but, don´t have the same strenght.

thanks
  2. polybasss

polybasss Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    164Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello, I had the same problem, I even got to burn an engine, the solution is in the calibration, try to lift more the opposite corner of the cockpit of the engine that gets hot, if you raise it a lot you will see that it heats up more the other engine, You have to get a balance.

Hola, he tenido el mismo problema, incluso llegué a quemar un motor, la solución está en la calibración, prueba a levantar más la esquina opuesta del cockpit del motor que se calienta, si lo levantas mucho verás que se calienta más el otro motor, hay que obtener un equilibrio.
  3. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    If you've ever looked at a motors power graph you'll see is not uncommon for a motor to be more efficient in one direction than the other which could also explain the heat difference if using opposing motors.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018