1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

O ring size for SFX-100 build

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by crisisguy, Nov 30, 2020.

1. crisisguy

crisisguy New Member

semi retired,
    Balance:
    22Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    4DOF
    hi there

First post so please go easy on me. Ive bene following this forum some while now and am impressed with what people are achieving now with home builds

I have been looking to build a motion sim for years and finally taking the plunge. Been flying flight sims since they first came out on the 80's and now in my old age getting into racing sims. I purchased an aluminium profile rig recently (Trakracer) and was impressed with the quality and easy of build. then came a butt kicker which made the immersion even better, purchased Simvibe and then I ordered another sound card and 4 more transducers plus 2 bass amps.

Assembly skills shouldn't be an issue, i built a homebuilt kit aircraft a while back and after 400 hours flying the wings have stayed on.

Ive ordered nearly all the parts for a 4 DOF SFX-100 build including Prusar 3d printer. Any excuse for some new toys!

Also read some negative reviews on the Kinetic Msystem so panicked a little. I called today, got an answer (after many rings) and spoke to a chp that was very helpful and said dispatch would be later this week, so fingers crossed.

Only part im struggling to get is the O ring which seems a non standard part. Ive a similar O ring kit to the link provided on the list of shopping parts, however nothing close to the size of 23,5 x 30,5 x 3,5mm

I can source 4 of these o rings however minimum purchase means im paying £10 for just 4.

Can anyone clarify the size?

thxs and looking forward to being part of this community
  2. GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey New Member

Balance:
    200Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The nominal size is 23,5mm ID 3,5mm thick but probably you can make it Work for example with this https://www.ebay.de/itm/151454357295

The thickness is the most important The ID/OD can Be like 0,5mm off
  3. sberns

sberns Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    432Coins
    Ratings:
    +89 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, Arduino
  4. John Beardmore

John Beardmore New Member

Balance:
    54Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I tried searching for the correct size and couldnt find any at a reasonable price.

However the closest ones are 23.4 x 30.46 x 3.53 which can be bought in the UK at a reasonable price. I will try these when I get to the stage of needing them.