1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

NOOB OF THE WEEK

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by Deleted member 1218, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Deleted member 1218

Deleted member 1218

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guten Tag, Hello everyone

I crowned myself as noob of the week.
    I dont know how many new members you get in a week. But I wanted to use this thread to tell something about me.

Hi Im Johan. age 27.
    My german isn't that well but I can understand the basics. I live in the nice harbour town Rotterdam (The Netherlands, Europe) and am graduating in the art of Animation. I got one big love in life (besides my girl) and that are 4D simulators. My lifelong dream is to make such films. For my graduation project I am making sort of an experience movie. The film is sort of a ride and by arduino Im triggering external machines like a reversed vacuum cleaner, lights, smokemachine and a eccentric engine (engine with weeight outside of centre)
    All of this is being triggered on points in the movie.

You probably guess it by now.... I want more!!!
    During the research for my thesis about film as an experience I found this site and have seen the Rock n Ride on different webstore's for about 1000 euro.

I'm familiar with the basic welding and adapting of ready made stuff but making something out of scratch is something I've never done. Animation isn't that technical ^_^
    Scripting isn't one of my best things aswell. copy pasting, combining and basic addaption is the best i can do.

Now working on this project my fingers are wanting more and I really want to start making a 2 person simulator with inhouse effects ( wind, rain, smoke, and other stuff) I know this isn't a thing you make in a couple of weeks and that isn't what I expect.

So first of all I want to say Hi to all you guy's and (ofcourse) girls here
    Second I want to ask if someone want to show me where the basics lay. How to start, where to think about and learn the basics to make stuff that rocks our worlds. My main goal isn't to play games and experience them but to put the effects on movies and make them even better/real.
    While I am saying this I haven't really read a lot of posts, but wanted to let you all know who I am and why i'm here. I've seen a programm on the website for putting motion on video. But I guess that isn't the main problem.

First thing I need to do I think is make a list of what I want and find out what is needed to make that possible.
    Is this correct or am I talking like a crazy old woman? :blush:

So this is my first post.

Feel free to ask me stuff (wouldn't be fair if I asked stuff from you guys while i keep a complete mystery)
    Hopefully my next post isn't that chaotic.

Good luck and have fun

Johan van den Wijngaard
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Welcome Johan,

I too have been contemplating the next step in my home theater. I have to finish my 2DOF projects first though :)
  3. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Johan,

welcome from me :) Thank you for the nice introduction of yourself.

regards
    René