1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question No traction loss in Simtools v3, but works in smc3

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Nicki9knuckles, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Nicki9knuckles

Nicki9knuckles Active Member

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Motion platform
    Hi again :)
    I am having trouble with my 3rd motor when trying to test my settings in simTools. Right now, when I go to SMC3 and test motion on the 3rd (traction loss) motor, i get lots of movement.
    But when I test motion in simTools for this motion which I think should be set as Axis3a traction 100%, I get no response from the motor.
    Is there a setting I am missing?
    I have my Interface output set to "[A<Axis1a>][B<Axis2a>][C<Axis3a]"

Thanks!!
    Nick
    simtools-axis-settings.JPG simtools-interface-settings.JPG smc3-motor3-traction-loss.JPG
  2. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Maybe the 3rd motor needs to be set under "B axis assignments" instead of A? They are all being controlled with the same arduino thoough so all on the same COMM. I am at a loss
  3. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I got it!! And it was "user error" haha.
    If you look at the screen shot of my Interface i have:
    "[A<Axis1a>][B<Axis2a>][C<Axis3a]"
    Well, this should be:
    "[A<Axis1a>][B<Axis2a>][C<Axis3a>]"
    not the missing ">" for the 3rd axis. Oh man! I am so pumped haha.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Nicki9knuckles

Web Developer
    Balance:
    518Coins
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Oh man!! Traction loss adds SO MUCH more to the feeling of the car! The only thing I am finding now though is that in VR I move so much latterally that my game view almost goes out of the window of the car sometimes.
    I guess motion compensation would solve this, is this still the current method people are using for that:
    https://ovrmc.dschadu.de/
    ?