1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

no motion in gtr2

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by njracer, Jun 15, 2009.

1. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey guys,

is there anything i'm supposed to do to get motion in gtr2? i've tried and nothing. :no: not sure if i'm supposed to put something in the gtr2 directory or something.

thanks
    dave
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Yes, I can't remember off the top of my head, but I believe in your C:\GTR2\UserData folder you will find a <username>.PLR file. In the PLR file there is a line that says something like WriteSharedMem or UseSharedMem. Chage that line from a value of 0 to a value of 1 and that should be it.
  3. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that was it, write shared memory. thanks for all the help benard, really appreciate it :thbup:

dave
  4. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The motion I can't get to work properly in GTR2.

I changed the 0 to 1 in the plr file. And that got the actuator to work BUT.

When you being to race one of the actuator is higher than the other and then once you actually start to drive the actuators just don't move :). They just make the squigy squigy noise and stay in one position.

I use GTR PLUG in the force sender programe and in the force profiler i load up either Nima's GTREVO profile or Nima's bmwrace 07 profile and both of them have the same effect.

I have tried the actuators using test tablet and the actuators caliberate fine.

I just can't find any gtr2 profiles. I wanted to use egoexpress profile (basic) but that is rnr one.

Any clues?

Many Thanks,
  5. splendiddd

splendiddd Active Member

CCTV security
    Balance:
    807Coins
    Ratings:
    +62 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
  6. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I will try it and let you know if everything is okay. Thanks.
  7. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have just run rfactor and the actuators work fine with this game. But with GTR2 is malfunctioning.

Do you have to put the xsimplugin.dll file in gtr2 folder?